Are renters in Rileyville required to obtain renter's insurance?
The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that tenants in Rileyville to buy a renter's insurance policy. However, leases prepared by our property managers require that renters pay for renter’s insurance to cover losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, tenant negligence, or if someone is injured at the rental dwelling. A property owner’s insurance policy protects the property from loss, but not the tenant’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.
Buying Tips & Suggestions
Find out why clients love our tiny family business.
a useful source for property owners in Rileyville
- Before you lease out your investment in Rileyville
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During tenancy
- End of lease term and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the landlord get paid?
- How your property management company handles the association and your community
- How your management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt finds tenants
- Insurance matters for property owners using our property management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Rileyville owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental property in Rileyville
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental investment
- When landlords don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Rileyville