Cameron Station was developed around the year 2000 and remains one of Alexandria's most popular neighborhoods. This is probably because Cameron Station was built to resemble the best of Old Town, with elegant colonial-style architecture. Residents of Cameron Station enjoy a historic look and feel, without all the hassles that are involved with historic homes. Cameron Station is located inside the Beltway and is reasonably close to I-395 and Old Town, so residents here generally enjoy favorable commutes.
Cameron Station offers residents the following amenities and services:
- Cameron Club --- a community center that can be rented for parties and events
- Fitness Center --- professionally staffed
- Swimming Pool --- maintained by the community
- Landscaping --- nicely tended grounds
- Basketball Courts --- can be reserved
- Parking --- no additional charges for parking
- Snow Removal --- because someone has to do it
- Trash and Recycling Collection
- Shuttle Bus --- The community provides a morning and evening shuttle to the metro rail at King St.
The community around Cameron Station offers:
- Adjacent to Ben Brenman Park---a 50 acres of parkland including
- a pond,
- dog park,
- walking and jogging paths,
- ball fields and more.
- Across the street from Charles E. Beatley, Jr. Alexandria Central Library,
- Convenience shops, gourmet foods and a day spa in the community,
- Proximity to many restaurants and shopping at Harris Teeter
Cameron Station has relatively easy access to I-395, I-495 and Old Town Alexandria. Cameron Station is well served by DASH buses. DASH (Driving Alexandrians Safely Home) buses are seen around, across and near the City of Alexandria , Virginia. The City of Alexandria wholly owns the DASH bus system and operates the system as a non-profit public service cooperation. In addition, the community shuttle takes residents to the Metro.