About The Duke Condominium Community
Larger than their contemporary condominium counterparts, these dramatic single-level homes display a grand elegance that is sure to make the homeowner proud. After winding through regal hallways to private entrances, guests are welcomed into intimate foyers that open into one of six different designs.
But the layout is really what differentiates one from the other.
- The Berkley: In addition to a den and a sunroom, this variety has plenty of storage space.
- The Howson: A den and a three-sided fireplace make this variety extra cozy.
- The Alexander: A formal dining room and an open kitchen with center island perfects this flat for those who love to cook or host dinner parties.
- The Flannery: Cooks will enjoy this flat’s grand kitchen, which also features a center island and plenty of cabinets.
- The Hamilton: The den and three-sided fireplace give this flat a comfortable feel perfect for a traditional feel in the 21st century.
- The Staunton: Columns accent the den’s entryway and a sunroom with nine windows presents this flat as a beautiful choice.
Limited to a mere 18 townhomes, these precious residential commodities boast multi-level open floorplans, as well as personal outdoor venues. The customized designs pay homage to the prominent figures who once lived in and helped to develop the original Old Town Neighborhood.
Of course, each floor plan has its own unique attributes.
- The Barrett (2,245 sq. ft.): This warm and inviting plan features a three-sided fireplace and a center island in the kitchen.
- The Dulaney (1,936 sq. ft.): Similar to Barrett but with a contemporary edge, this floor plan has a three-sided fireplace and a center island in the kitchen, which has ample cabinet space.
- The Hallowell (2,105 sq. ft.): Although this plan doesn’t have a fireplace like the two previous floor plans, its owner’s bathroom was designed to feel like a spa. How relaxing!
- The Silas (1,892 sq. ft.;): Loved for its unique neo-traditional design, this home is currently sold out, but holds features similar to the Hallowell.
Each of the first three glorious floor plans showcase a massive three-sided fireplace joining the living and dining areas, two second floor bedrooms with their own baths, and a masterful master suite reminiscent of royalty, complete with an overlooking balcony.
The final floor plan, the Silas, anchors the offerings of the first three, while boasting what is described as a neo-traditional design quality meant to creating visual interest and serve as more of an exhibition for owner’s tastes.
Features and Benefits Of The Duke Condominium Community
- Granite Counters;
- Master Bath with separate shower and tub;
- Master Walk-in Closet;
- Soaking Tub;
- Wall to wall carpeting;
- Walk-in Closets;
- Washer/Dryer Hookups.
The Duke is at the intersection of Old Town and the Carlyle District
Whether it's shopping at established national chains or perusing the local merchants, residents of the Duke are never more than a few blocks from their destination. Unique shops offer up an eclectic combination of necessities and niceties sure to satisfy residents on quick trips as well as those on leisurely strolls.
The endless variety and selection of parks, theaters and civic organizations truly offer something for every family makeup. With excellent public and private educational opportunities, children benefit from a unique close-knit community while part of a wider metropolitan system.
What Agents Are Saying
As you walk through the hallways of the Duke Condominium, you and your guests will feel like you have arrived at a five-star hotel. The motivated, original owner is offering up this southern facing, renovated condo which has never been rented. This top floor condo feels more like a perfectly architected, compact home than a typical condo. The smartly tucked away, separate kitchen rivals any home with its custom walnut cabinets and expansive granite countertops. The dining room can easily fit a large table for family gatherings and is separated from the family room by a gorgeous gas fireplace. This is one of only two units in the quaint 40-unit building that boasts a balcony which is perfect for enjoying a morning cup of coffee or checking the weather before hitting the town. The custom plantation shutters, new paint, new carpet and hardwoods add to the pristine appearance of this high-end unit. The master bedroom is spacious and has three closets (two separate walk-ins). The master bathroom has a roomy shower and possibly the largest soaking tub ever seen in a condo. The second bedroom has custom surround built-in bookcases and desk area and accommodates a king size bed or sofa bed with custom cabinets in the walk-in closet. This penthouse level unit also comes with an additional storage unit and three (yes, you read that right) underground, separately deeded parking spaces across from the elevator. Two blocks from Old Town King Street with over a mile of local shops and restaurants, walking distance to two metro stations (Yellow and Blue lines), and minutes to DCA. Downsizing never felt so right.