About The Duke Condominium Community
Larger than their contemporary condominium counterparts, these dramatic single-level homes display a grand elegance that is sure to make the homeowner proud. After winding through regal hallways to private entrances, guests are welcomed into intimate foyers that open into one of six different designs.
But the layout is really what differentiates one from the other.
- The Berkley: In addition to a den and a sunroom, this variety has plenty of storage space.
- The Howson: A den and a three-sided fireplace make this variety extra cozy.
- The Alexander: A formal dining room and an open kitchen with center island perfects this flat for those who love to cook or host dinner parties.
- The Flannery: Cooks will enjoy this flat’s grand kitchen, which also features a center island and plenty of cabinets.
- The Hamilton: The den and three-sided fireplace give this flat a comfortable feel perfect for a traditional feel in the 21st century.
- The Staunton: Columns accent the den’s entryway and a sunroom with nine windows presents this flat as a beautiful choice.
Limited to a mere 18 townhomes, these precious residential commodities boast multi-level open floorplans, as well as personal outdoor venues. The customized designs pay homage to the prominent figures who once lived in and helped to develop the original Old Town Neighborhood.
Of course, each floor plan has its own unique attributes.
- The Barrett (2,245 sq. ft.): This warm and inviting plan features a three-sided fireplace and a center island in the kitchen.
- The Dulaney (1,936 sq. ft.): Similar to Barrett but with a contemporary edge, this floor plan has a three-sided fireplace and a center island in the kitchen, which has ample cabinet space.
- The Hallowell (2,105 sq. ft.): Although this plan doesn’t have a fireplace like the two previous floor plans, its owner’s bathroom was designed to feel like a spa. How relaxing!
- The Silas (1,892 sq. ft.;): Loved for its unique neo-traditional design, this home is currently sold out, but holds features similar to the Hallowell.
Each of the first three glorious floor plans showcase a massive three-sided fireplace joining the living and dining areas, two second floor bedrooms with their own baths, and a masterful master suite reminiscent of royalty, complete with an overlooking balcony.
The final floor plan, the Silas, anchors the offerings of the first three, while boasting what is described as a neo-traditional design quality meant to creating visual interest and serve as more of an exhibition for owner’s tastes.
Features and Benefits Of The Duke Condominium Community
- Granite Counters;
- Master Bath with separate shower and tub;
- Master Walk-in Closet;
- Soaking Tub;
- Wall to wall carpeting;
- Walk-in Closets;
- Washer/Dryer Hookups.
The Duke is at the intersection of Old Town and the Carlyle District
Whether it's shopping at established national chains or perusing the local merchants, residents of the Duke are never more than a few blocks from their destination. Unique shops offer up an eclectic combination of necessities and niceties sure to satisfy residents on quick trips as well as those on leisurely strolls.
The endless variety and selection of parks, theaters and civic organizations truly offer something for every family makeup. With excellent public and private educational opportunities, children benefit from a unique close-knit community while part of a wider metropolitan system.
What Agents Are Saying
Rare, corner, first-level unit with expanded patio and walk-out, exterior access. Pristine, garden-level condo building, Duke Condominium, is known for its luxurious hotel feel, beautiful architecture, and high-quality finishes (only 40 units!). Owners were one of the first buyers in Duke Condominium and had their top choice of unit, parking spaces (x2), and storage units (x2) - come reap the benefits! Dual owners suites, open kitchen, custom built-in 's in both bedrooms, plantation shutters throughout. Prime location - walk to Whole Foods, King Street Metro, and King Street shops and restaurants. Commuting is a breeze, Route 1, I-495 and Rt 7 all at your fingertips! Worried about down sizing because you think you won't be able to entertain? Think again! Owners hosted holidays and derby parties galore on the extended patio space! The beauty and convenience of living in Old Town with none of the headache! SOLD!
Completely turn-key with $100,000 of upgrades in the heart of Old Town Alexandria. This 3 bedroom/ 3.5 bathroom end-unit townhome comes with 2 covered/secure parking spaces, secure storage unit, two outdoor spaces and no outdoor maintenance. The kitchen and all bathrooms have been updated as well as flooring and paint in the entire home. The entry level family and dining rooms are open to the kitchen which boasts quartz counters, an added gas line for the 5-burner cooktop, double wall oven, drawer microwave, breakfast counter and abundant cabinet space. The first of two outdoor spaces is the private patio off of the kitchen. Powder room for guests, gas fireplace and crown molding are also on the entry level. On the second floor you will find laundry and two bedrooms with updated, en suite bathrooms and walk-in closets with Elfa storage. The primary suite on the third floor has a balcony, tray ceiling, two walk-in closets with Elfa storage and a beautifully updated en suite bathroom with oversized frameless glass shower, soaking tub, double vanity, separate water closet and large linen closet. Nest-controlled dual zone HVAC with new compressors and coil. The Duke St location is just blocks from everything you need and want: commuting (King St Metro and Beltway), every day needs (Whole Foods and CVS) and fun on King St! Floor plan available, 3D virtual tour: https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=uXZE19oAGDE SOLD!