- Real estate agents are go betweens for buyers and sellers for real estate property.
- All real estate agents have to be licensed by their state or such as of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Every real estate agent has to be affiliated with a real estate broker. A broker is a real estate profession with higher educational requirements and a minimum of 3 years of full time real estate experience.
- A realtor and broker have to be a member of the National Association of Realtors.
- Both realtors and brokers agree to follow the high standards of ethics and participate in any continuing education programs.
- A real estate agent represents a buyer or seller, renter or landlord, having their best interest at heart.
- Agents can work in a dual capacity in certain circumstances representing both parties.
- A real estate agent’s duty is to truth and honesty and will explain what obligations state law imposes.
It is alright for you to shop around and decide on which agents and agencies you could work with comfortably, it is fair and ethical that you work with only one agent to help you buy or sell your home. This is the reason why real estate agents will ask you if you already have representation prior to working with you.For more information or to set up an appointment call Julie at (703)765-0300.