Here are four things sellers should understand about today’s market to make their homes as saleable as possible:
- Time and time again, we find that real estate pricing is very local. That means real estate professionals and homeowners need to closely examine comparables. We have to see what nearby properties have sold for in the past three months. We also look at the competition and what’s under agreement. The bottom of the market is probably behind us, but it’s hard to know how much your home will sell for today until we study trends in your home’s “micro-market”.
- Online marketing works. Therefore it’s important to get high-quality property pics online.
- Don’t wait for a home inspection. Fix what you can and disclose what you can’t. Every home has problems, but disclosing quirks and problems builds trusts and makes selling a property go smoothly. When the buyer discovers defects, there are last-minute re-negotiations, cold feet and sometimes the deal explodes.
- There is no more cost-effective marketing than cleaning your home. By “clean” we mean clean, clean, super-clean: A clean and clutter-free property makes potential buyers likely to pay more.
Hi-Tech Hometown Home Sales!™
We sell homes, townhouses and condos in Northern Virginia. Our home seller’s resource page will answer common questions like:
- Why Nesbitt Realty?
- What is a listing agent?
- How much is my home worth?
- Can I trust Zillow and Trulia to value my home?
- How will you market my home?
- What’s involved in selling a home?
- How much are closing costs?
REDUCED: 7202 Churchill Rd, McLeanOpen House, Sunday, 1-4 BIG PRICE DROP! 7202 CHURCHILL ROAD McLean, VA 22101 6 Bedrooms 5.5 Bathrooms 6,752 SF $1,695,000
[FWD: The Empire Strikes Back Pictures]We played a game at the office this Sunday. Lots of fun. Sincerely, Will Nesbitt Principal Broker Nesbitt RealtyAlexandria VA licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the State of Maryland 703 765 0300 (main) 571 237 7902 (direct)888 783 6391 (fax) ——– Original Message ——– Subject: The Empire Strikes Back Pictures From: [email protected]…
Good Shepherd Housing and Family ServicesEstablished in 1974 with a mission to reduce homelessness, increase community support and promote self sufficiency, the Good Shepherd Housing and Family Services is operated by a multi-denominational board of directors and staff managing over 70 housing units. Good Shepherd Housing and Family Services is located in the Mount Zephyr Business Center at 8305 Richmond…
Mistake 4: Acting too picky.While you should narrow down what you want and you list features most important to you, don’t be so inflexible that you make it impossible to find a home. If you’re too picky, you may have to continue renting when you could own a home. Be willing to compromise on some of the less important…