Here are four things sellers should understand about today’s market to make their homes as saleable as possible:
- Time and time again, we find that real estate pricing is very local. That means real estate professionals and homeowners need to closely examine comparables. We have to see what nearby properties have sold for in the past three months. We also look at the competition and what’s under agreement. The bottom of the market is probably behind us, but it’s hard to know how much your home will sell for today until we study trends in your home’s “micro-market”.
- Online marketing works. Therefore it’s important to get high-quality property pics online.
- Don’t wait for a home inspection. Fix what you can and disclose what you can’t. Every home has problems, but disclosing quirks and problems builds trusts and makes selling a property go smoothly. When the buyer discovers defects, there are last-minute re-negotiations, cold feet and sometimes the deal explodes.
- There is no more cost-effective marketing than cleaning your home. By “clean” we mean clean, clean, super-clean: A clean and clutter-free property makes potential buyers likely to pay more.
Are you considering putting your house up for sale, but not sure where to start? Afraid it will take too long to sell, or that you won’t get the price you want? Here are 4 tips to get you started:
1. De-clutter. This is one of the most important things you can do. It might be easier to think of de-cluttering like this – you’re moving anyway, so why not start packing now?
Pack up everything you don’t need and store the boxes out of sight in the garage (or consider temporarily renting a small storage locker).
2. Organize your closets – put similar colors together, pants together, skirts together, shirts together etc. Why? Because it will make the closets look bigger. (Really.) An organized closet appears bigger, and you want your closets to look as spacious as possible.
3. Make your home look like a model. You want to de-personalize as much as possible so potential buyers can imagine themselves and their own belongings occupying the space in your house. That means minimizing – putting away everything you don’t need or use. Clear off kitchen counters as much as possible – stash all those appliances you don’t use, and put miscellaneous small clutter in a few attractive baskets or boxes.
4. Call Nesbitt Realty at (703)765-0300. We can give you objective tips on what you can do to move your property. We even have options for professionally staging your home if you’re interested. [learn more]
Julie NesbittJulie Nesbitt knows the back trails and by-ways of Northern Virginia real estate.
Enjoying Winkler Botanical PreserveWe had a great time walking the trails.
Don’t take chances with real estate.
REDUCED: 7202 Churchill Rd, McLeanOpen House, Sunday, 1-4 BIG PRICE DROP! 7202 CHURCHILL ROAD McLean, VA 22101 6 Bedrooms 5.5 Bathrooms 6,752 SF $1,695,000
[FWD: The Empire Strikes Back Pictures]We played a game at the office this Sunday. Lots of fun. Sincerely, Will Nesbitt Principal Broker Nesbitt RealtyAlexandria VA licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the State of Maryland 703 765 0300 (main) 571 237 7902 (direct)888 783 6391 (fax) ——– Original Message ——– Subject: The Empire Strikes Back Pictures From: [email protected]…