The Arlington Courthouse Farmers Market was founded in 1979 and has provided residents and visitors a fun and exciting opportunity to enjoy local food, interact with farmers and producers, improve their health, and build relationships and trust in their community.
Robinson’s Landing new dining selection The Mill has gotten approval from Alexandria City Council. The southern kitchen and market which will be located on the waterfront in an old Alexandria warehouse has been approved under the condition that an ADA accessible entrance be located on Duke Street. Continue reading
Sprouts Farmers Market has opened its new store in Herndon on Wednesday. The slogan of this Pheonix based store is “Healthy Living for Less”. The store is located at 494 Elden Street in Herndon Centre which was formerly the site for Kmart. Continue reading
Since 1986, Larry Krop has been selling Christmas trees. He has been managing the Krop’s Crops at 11110 Georgetown Pike in Great Falls. He is famous for adding apples, corn, tomatoes, watermelons, and more. His Halloween and Christmas traditions of hayrides, campfires, apple cider, and pumpkins are also quite well known. Larry is offering an expanded Krop’s Vintage Market Place this week. This Vintage Market Place is a flea-market-style shabby chic center that grew from 14 to 19 vendors. Continue reading
Determining the value of a property when deciding where to live can be accomplished with the expertise of licensed real estate agents.
There are 3 factors that dictate the price of a property:
- Uniqueness and architectural design
- Improvement values
A competitive market analysis can be provided are based on:
- Properties that is comparable within the area
- Adjustments with property size and conditions differences
- Location and the sale or rental date of the property differences
Real estate costs are certainly open to negotiations but there are factors that affect the market including localized areas. These factors include:
- Changes in zoning
- New construction
- Properties that are condemned
- Changes in patterns of traffic
Properties in Alexandria
I met with a first-time buyer over the weekend. She was prequalified by her lender. Prequalifying helped frame her choices. It’s a waste of time and energy to look at homes that are outside of the budget, so prequalification is the first step for any home buyer. Here are the steps that we’ll be taking on the road to home ownership.
- Tour properties — We took a top level tour of some of the properties that are in her
budget. This gives the client something concrete and real to think about so that she can decide whether this home ownership thing is for her or not. In addition to the units we saw, I can think of a number of places that would also fall within this client’s budget and still offer a very reasonable commute to Ft. Belvoir. But I wanted to get her impressions of these places before going on a bit deeper.
- Revisiting — We’ll revisit those communities that hold the greatest interest and look at everything available in those communities. (So far we just did a top level search.)
- A few more choices — If none of these really feel right, we’ll find a few more to consider and continue with the search.
- Make an offer — When we’ve found the property that stirs the soul, fits the budget and feels right, I’ll write up an offer. At that time I’ll collect “earnest money”.
- The earnest money is evidence that the seller is serious about the purchase and is held in escrow until the sale is completed. We’ll submit a preapproval letter, a copy of the earnest money deposit and the signed offer for the seller to consider.
- Negotiations — Sometimes there is a difference between the asking price and the selling price. The selling price is determined by negotiation. We’ll pass drafts of the contract back and forth until the buyer and seller have agreed on all terms.
- Loan processing — Julie at Condominium Mortgage will then collect documentation from the client. This documentation will serve the purpose of proving the representations made in the loan application process. The buyer will produce pay stubs, bank statements etc. Julie will also order an appraisal as required by all lenders.
- Settlement — Settlement is the word used to describe the actual transfer of ownership. We’ll settle on the property in a timely fashion on an agreed upon date. Settlement will occur at a title company’s office and a settlement agent will ensure that funds are present as is marketable title.
- Ownership — Here’s where the fun begins … as does the responsibility of home ownership.
Properties in Fort Hunt
Rising home prices have created a market that favors sellers. Under these current market conditions, little
wiggle room for buyers on a budget is provided. In the previous year buyers in the market voiced that their top Real Estate sales stressor was a limited selection of inventory of homes for sale to choose from. Additionally, the year leading up to this year had notated that other top home buyer stressors were prices, competition, rising mortgage rates, and home shopping fatigue.
Here are the 2015 top home buyer stressors:
- Affordability, prices jumped too quickly
- Competition, other buyers want the same property
- Circumstance, need to sell current property first
- Down payment, didn’t squirrel away enough to prepare
- Unreasonable mortgage rates, can’t make the move into home ownership just yet
Source: Top 6 Home Buyer Concerns on Realtor.com
Properties in Arlington
West End Farmers Market is located at Ben Brenman Park, 4800 Brenman Park Drive
The market is open on Sundays, May through November from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Dates and times subject to change.
Sunday mornings, from May to November, the West End Farmers Market vendors set up their colorful displays in the south parking lot of Ben Brenman Park. This outdoor market is one of a kind in the city’s west end. Multiple vendors lay out:
- colorful displays of fresh
- locally grown
- in-season vegetables as well as sweet juicy berries, apples, pears, and seasonal peaches.
Featured Home For Sale in West End Alexandria
- Blue Ridge Gardens — container plants
- Fertile Plains Custom Pork — meat
- Grace’s Pastries — baked goods
- Gypsy Hill — dips, rubs, spices, soups
- Hutt Produce — produce
- J & W Valley View Farm — produce and herbs
- Mt Olympus Berry Farm — produce
- Poppy’s Gourmet Cookies — cookies
- Reid’s Orchard — fruits, cider and herbs
- Salsa las Glorias — salsa
- Santa Cruz Produce — produce
- Sweet Valley Farm Dairy — goat cheese
Recently listed for sale in Herndon
Properties in 21090
No active listings match your search. Contact us to get a free no obligation list of similar properties or to be notified when properties become available with your criteria.
Frying Pan Farmers Market is located at 2709 West Ox Road, Herndon, VA 20171. The market is opening soon and stays open from early May through late October.
- Becky’s Pastries – baked goods
- Blue Ridge Gardens – container plants
- Garner’s Produce – produce
- Gypsy Hill – dips, rubs, spices, soups
- Pappa’s Orchard – fruit and cider
- PattyBakes – baked goods
- Smith Family Farm – meat
Featured Listings in Herndon
$425,000 : 473 Virginia Ave, Herndon 20170
4 beds, 3 full, 1 half baths
Living area: 1,766 sqft
Year built: 1987
Days on Market: 3
$449,999 : 1312 Dulles Pl, Herndon 20170
4 beds, 2 full baths
Living area: 1,008 sqft
Year built: 1974
Days on Market: 2