Are tenants in Front Royal required to buy renter's insurance?
The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that renters in Front Royal to purchase renter’s insurance. However, leases prepared by our property managers require that tenants buy renter’s insurance which pays for losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, renter negligence, or if someone is injured at the rental property. A’s insurance policy protects the rental property from loss, but not the renter’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.
a useful archive for landlords in Front Royal
- Before you lease out your rental property in Front Royal
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During tenancy
- End of lease term and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the property owner get paid?
- How your property management company handles the association and your community
- How your property manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management finds tenants
- Insurance matters for property owners using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Front Royal landlord responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your property in Front Royal
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your property
- When property owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Front Royal