Pentagon City Real Estate: Prices, Pictures, Facts and Map
Homes and Condos Near the Pentagon in Arlington VA
We’re here when you need us.
Pentagon City is located near the Pentagon in Arlington County Virginia. Nearby neighborhoods include Crystal City and Arlington Ridge. Pentagon City is located near the Pentagon in Arlington County Virginia between Rt. 1 and a bend in I-395 on its approach to Washington DC. Nearby neighborhoods include Crystal City and Arlington Ridge.
Some folks describe Pentagon City as one of Arlington's freshest and most fashionable neighborhoods. Pentagon City is a place of shops, restaurants and homes just paces from the Pentagon. Pentagon City well known for the the Fashion Centre, a multi-floored shopping mall, but there is a lot more to this little community.
There are crowds of busy young adults who live work and play in Pentagon City, but the broad sidewalks and open walkways never feel crowded. Pentagon City residents amble paths and walkways that traverse expanses of finely-manicured lawns and landscaping. These walkways lead to public transportation as well as many retail services.
Life in Pentagon City is centered around the Pentagon City Metro and the shops and restaurants of Pentagon Row and the Fashion Center. Together with several other retail destinations Pentagon City provides a collection of some of the best shopping and dining in Northern Virginia. Pentagon City has everything from 24-hour grocery stores to trendy restaurants and happening bars. The Fashion Center alone has more than 150 shops and restaurants with Macy's, Nordstrom's, and Abercrombie & Fitch among the favorites of the sky-lit mall's more than 150 shops and restaurants including Macy's, Nordstrom's, and Abercrombie & Fitch and many others.
Nearby Virginia Highlands Park provides a pleasant break from Pentagon City's urban lifestyle. Virginia Highlands Park offers playgrounds, basketball courts, tennis courts, baseball diamonds, footpaths, and a soccer field. Pentagon City's neighbors have some of the most desirable real estate in Northern Virginia: Crystal City, Aurora Highlands and Arlington Ridge Road.
Gallery of Pentagon City
Map of Pentagon City real estate for sale
Refresh This Search
Single-Family Residences For Sale at Pentagon City in Arlington VA
$719,000 : 2100 Joyce St, Arlington 22202
3 beds, 1 full, 1 half baths
Living area: n/a
Lot size: 4,000 sq. ft.
Year built: 1938
Days on Market: 33
$1,524,900 : 1119 19th St S, Arlington 22202
5 beds, 5 full, 1 half baths
Living area: 5,164 sq. ft.
Lot size: 6,000 sq. ft.
Year built: 2017
Days on Market: 33
Townhouses For Sale at Pentagon City in Arlington VA
Condominiums For Sale at Pentagon City in Arlington VA
$250,000 : 1300 Arlington Ridge Rd #505, Arlington 22202
1 beds, 1 full baths
Living area: 717 sq. ft.
Lot size: n/a
Year built: 1958
Days on Market: 18
$619,000 : 1101 Arlington Ridge Rd S #411, Arlington 22202
2 beds, 2 full, 1 half baths
Living area: 1,575 sq. ft.
Lot size: n/a
Year built: 1976
Days on Market: 20
About Rental Agents
Renting is a good way to get some firsthand experience with a neighborhood. Renting can let you sign a 1 year lease, say in a Shirlington 2 bedroom condo for example, with the option to continue, if you like the neighborhood. An advantage of this is you can test the waters, to see if you really love the features of this neighborhood or not. If you don’t like where you’re at, say for example, if the 4 bedroom, 2 story home in Lorton is not your style, you can always relocate to another place.
Pay as You Go
Many Americans live pay check to pay check. Upfront, you will have a security deposit, with a rate that depends on your credit score. If you have a good credit score, your property manager might only charge 1 months’ rent, for a security deposit. On the other hand, if you have a poor credit score, your property manager might charge 2 months’ rent, for a security deposit. After this initial fee (which can be refunded if you meet the requirements like passing the move out inspection), it’s nice to know that after a chunk of your paycheck is put into your monthly rent, there’s a good portion left for bills, necessities, and fun expenditures, like neighborhood nightlife or personal hobbies.
Short Term Commitment & Little Investment
Not sure if you want to stay in Northern Virginia, as a Washington DC commuting, GS-5? Do you have plans of living in California and seeing Napa Valley, Los Angeles, and San Francisco firsthand? Are you Active duty military, with upcoming orders for a new assignment, with no interest in the responsibility of becoming a homeowner? If so, these questions might make you lean towards renting, as opposed to buying. It’s nice to know that as a renter, you won’t have to worry about footing the bill for a repair on a roof that is falling apart, paying a monthly a condo fee (that could range anywhere from $150-$700), or paying the bill for a lawn service to pick up the leaves from your $1,000,000 Mount Vernon home, in fall. Overall, renting can be cheaper up front, but it isn’t for everyone. Also, who says you can’t just buy later?
Build Your Credit While You Sock Away Savings for a Down Payment
Paying your bills on time is an excellent way to build your credit score, and to show lenders that you know how to manage your money. If you are frugal, you can take a chip off each pay check, to build up a savings for buying a home in the future. The return on applying your savings to the purchase of the home of your dreams can be exponential. For those with an eye on the future, being a responsible tenant can prepare you financially and teach you the accountability necessary for home ownership.
Spending time with friends can make for priceless memories. Living together can be fun and slightly cheaper than going solo. The process of getting a group of friends together to rent out a property can be a very rewarding and challenging process. A Nesbitt Realty Realtor, like Stuart Nesbitt, can help make the later stages of finding and renting a property simple. There are many different neighborhoods in Northern Virginia to choose from, that can fit your specific needs (such as being metro accessible, having a main street, Being near a good school, being luxurious, being a certain type of building style [e.g. high-rise or garden style, for example] ,being affordable, or even being off the beaten path).
Single-Family Residences For Rent at Pentagon City in Arlington VA
$3,975 : 930 19th St S, Arlington 22202
4 beds, 2 full baths
Living area: 1,900 sq. ft.
Lot size: 5,750 sq. ft.
Year built: 1930
Days on Market: 2
Townhouses For Rent at Pentagon City in Arlington VA
Condominiums For Rent at Pentagon City in Arlington VA
$2,700 : 1515 Arlington Ridge Rd #303, Arlington 22202
2 beds, 2 full baths
Living area: 1,350 sq. ft.
Lot size: n/a
Year built: 1974
Days on Market: 28
$1,900 : 1211s Eads St S #1211, Arlington 22202
1 beds, 1 full baths
Living area: 830 sq. ft.
Lot size: n/a
Year built: 1989
Days on Market: 47
We love helping clients and appreciate the opportunity to serve! Call us at (703)765-0300 or email us using this form.
Nesbitt Realty is a family-run business serving Northern Virginia. Your message will go directly to a real person who will respond prompty. Your email address and phone number will never be saved or sold to a marketing list.
Considering selling your real estate in Pentagon City?
Everyday our family-run business competes against the biggest and most powerful names in real estate and every year of operation we have grown. This is because we know how to achieve our client's real estate goals and this is why we've won numerous awards for client-satisfaction.
Contact us for a no cost and no obligation assessment of your home's value.
More about selling
The best way to update a property is to paint it. It’s a job that many sellers can do themselves.
Here are six suggestions for making the work go quickly.
- Move the furniture. Get as much furniture as possible out of the way, and then cover what’s left with plastic drop cloths held in place with masking tape.
- Buy good paint. Top-quality latex interior paint will hide what’s underneath and make the job go faster.
- Tape the edges. Taping the edges with painters tape will speed up the job and make the results more professional.
- Work top down. Paint the ceiling first, then the walls, then the windows and trim and finally the baseboards. This will cut down on time spent repairing drips and splatter marks.
- Cut in the corners. Applying a three-inch band of paint around the edges will allow you to fill in the middle with a paint roller.
- Apply paint generously. Trying to stretch the paint won’t save sellers any money if they have to repaint.
Source: Paint Quality Institute (09/21/2010)
Featured Property For Sale in Pentagon City, Arlington County VA
Arlington VA Real Estate Tools
- 22201 — Clarendon in Arlington VA
- 22202 — Crystal City and Aurora Highlands in Arlington VA
- 22203 — Arlington Forest and Buckingham in Arlington VA
- 22204 — Arlington VA
- 22205 — Arlington VA
- 22206 — Shirlington in Arlington VA
- 22207 — North Arlington VA
- 22209 — Rosslyn Arlington VA
- 22213 — Williamsburg in Arlington VA
Arlington County Elementary Schools
- Abingdon Elementary School
- Ashlawn Elementary School
- Bacrcoft Elementary School
- Barrett Elementary School
- Campbell Elementary School
- Carlin Springs Elementary School
- Drew Model Elementary School
- Francis Scott Key Elementary School
- Glebe Elementary School
- Henry Elementary School
- Hoffman-Boston Elementary School
- Jamestown Elementary School
- Long Branch Elementary School
- McKinley Elementary School
- Nottingham Elementary School
- Oakridge Elementary School
- Randolph Elementary School
- Taylor Elementary School
- Tuckahoe Elementary School
Elementary Schools in Northern VA
Arlington County Middle Schools
- Gunston Middle School
- Jefferson Middle School
- Kenmore Middle School
- Swanson Middle School
- Williamsburg Middle School
Middle Schools in Northern VA
- Single Family Homes for Sale in Arlington VA
- Townhouses for Sale in Arlington VA
- Garden-Style Condos in Arlington VA
- Mid-Rise Condos in Arlington VA
- High-Rise Condos in Arlington VA
Are you looking for a specific size of home?
- Sprawling Homes For Sale in Arlington VA
- Very Large Homes For Sale in Arlington VA
- Big Homes For Sale in Arlington VA
- Large Homes For Sale in Arlington VA
- Standard-sized Homes For Sale in Arlington VA
- Modest Homes For Sale in Arlington VA
- Small Homes For Sale in Arlington VA
- Smaller Homes For Sale in Arlington VA
- Tiny Homes For Sale in Arlington VA
Views of the Water in Arlington VA
- Arlington water-view homes - ($100,000 to $500,000)
- Arlington water-view homes - ($500,000 to $1,000,000)
- Arlington water-view homes - (1,000,000+)