Top Ranked in Client Satisfaction!
Real estate agents that care.
Why do our clients love us?
Locals trust us because we are a family-business that offers the same services as the big companies but with a small-town touch. We have been ranked by consumers and clients as one of the top real estate agencies in Northern Virginia.
Nesbitt Realty is a real estate brokerage licensed by the Commonwealth of Virginia and the State of Maryland. Our agents serve clients throughout National Capital Region in Northern Virginia and Suburban Maryland.
Our brokerage is headquartered at "Condo Alexandria", an office condo located near the Potomac River in Fairfax County just outside Old Town Alexandria. Our primary business focus is on fine homes and condominiums in Alexandria, Arlington and Fairfax County. Nesbitt Realty helps clients like you to buy, sell and rent townhouses, single family residences as well as condominiums in Northern Virginia.
Nesbitt Realty has built a strong following among condo owners and real estate shoppers in Arlington, Alexandria, Fairfax County, Falls Church and other areas of Northern Virginia. We serve buyers, sellers, renters, and landlords.
We help our clients buy homes in Northern VA.
Our home buyer’s resource page will answer common questions like:
- Why Nesbitt Realty?
- What is a buyer’s agent?
- What is a buyer’s rebate?
- How much does representation cost?
- How we find your new home?
- How much home can you afford?
- How much are closing costs?
Marketing a Home for Sale
Marketing a home for sale involves several important steps. First, Nesbitt Realty orders professional quality photos of the property from both the exterior and the interior. We also take 3-D imagery and prepare a floor-plan. Nesbitt Realty will create a virtual tour online. The photos and flooplan are used in online and print advertising to make home buyers aware that the property is on the market. Nesbitt Realty handles all the details of arranging showings. Nesbitt Realty also holds open house events to allow potential buyers to view the property without scheduling an appointment. We utilize both print and online advertising, and have one of the largest Internet footprints in the area. Finally, we of course don’t forget to place a sign out front to let passersby know that the property is for sale.
Setting a rental budget
For many renters the most important consideration is how much they are willing to spend on a rental per month. For this reason it should come as no surprise that the first step in the rental process should include establishing a budget. Renters should consider their monthly income and subtract out all of their monthly expenses from this amount. Monthly expenses should include all bills which are paid regularly as well as money spent on food, entertainment and miscellaneous items each month. The renter may also wish to subtract out an additional amount to allow for some savings each month as well as emergencies. The total left after these subtractions is the amount the renter is able to spend on an rental per month. Once this amount is established the renter will have a better understanding of the type of rental they are able to afford.
When you know you budget and you’re ready to shop for a new home, contact an agent. Rental agents cost the renter nothing and they don’t work for one specific building. A rental agent can see all the rentals that are available to make sure that you get the best value for your money. [Learn more]
If you’ve never used a property manager before, you’ll probably want to learn as much as possible about the process and what exactly property managers do. In the broadest sense, here’s what all property managers do (or promise to do):
- Collect the rents. Put the rents into an escrow account. Disburse funds to pay bills, income to the landlord and fees to the property management company.
- Keep a record of all money and receipts and furnish that record on a regular basis to the landlord.
- Deal with HOA/COA.
- Manage tenant relations including maintenance requests, late fee notices. Deal with a laundry list of tenant problems: unauthorized guests, unauthorized pets, parking issues, tenant cleanliness, noise violations, neighbor complaints, etc. If necessary we manage the process of prosecuting actions to evict Tenants.
- Ensure compliance with state laws, local ordinances, licensing requirements, association rules, Fair Housing laws, insurance requirements, IRS requirements.
- Manage and dispatch handymen as needed.
- Inspect the property at the time of move-in at the time of move-out and from time-to-time during tenancy.
Money in general does not flow from the landlord to the property manager. Money flows from the tenant to the property manager to the landlord. Fees and commissions are withheld from collected rents.
Our standard agreement is a one year term, but either party can terminate the arrangement with 30 days notice.
The next step is to learn a little more about what differentiates us from other property managers.
Why not work with a local, small-business that cares about your needs?
Featured Properties For Sale
Updated kitchen cabinetry, new ceiling fans & freshly painted! Refinished Hardwood Floors under carpet. First level, Storage Unit & Washer/dryer in building! Directly off George Washington Parkway! Minutes from Old Town Alexandria! Walking distance to Belle View Shopping Center, Martha Washington Library & Mount Vernon Rec Center! Easy access to the Pentagon and quick commute to Huntington Metro.
Pristine 2 level Virginia Hills home has so much to offer...top to bottom upgrades. Open floor plan, 2000 finished sq ft, has ample storage. Tastefully updated family rm, kitchen and baths. Beautiful hdwd and tile floors thruout. New HVAC, fresh paint and more! Lovely landscaping, new decking and fully fenced in yard. Wonderful location, close to shopping, Huntington Metro and Ft Belvoir.
$18K IN PRICE REDUCTION! CLOSE TO 2K SQ FT IN LIVING SPACE /GREAT LOCATION, BEAUTIFUL 3 LVL BRICK TH WITH GRANITE KITCHEN COUNTERS, WOOD FLOORS, FIREPLACE IN FAMILY ROOM, SPACIOUS BEDROOMS SIZE, FRESH PAINT, NEW CARPET, NEW UPDATES THROUGHOUT HOME,CAR GARAGE, LARGE DECK WITH PATIO BELOW, REAR FENCED, SWIMMING POOL ACROSS STREET, LAKE NEAR BY, MANY HOA AMENITIES /PLEASE CHECK OUT THE VIRTUAL TOUR.
Featured Properties For Rent
Location, location, location! 0.7 mile walk to Clarendon Metro. Excellent condition and move-in ready. Hardwood floors recently renovated kitchen with stone counter-tops. Beautiful screened porch. Large backyard can be your own Shangri-La or provide room for expansion or new construction. Off-street parking includes driveway and 1-car garage.
4 bedroom, 2.5 bath town home on a quiet culd-de-sac. Full of natural light! Amazing open floor plan. Hardwood floors on ML. New kitchen w/ large bay window. Soft close custom cabinetry, stainless appliances, huge pantry, granite counter tops & breakfast bar. Large bedrooms. Updated baths. En-suite master bath. Amazing outdoor space, front and back yard. 2 car driveway.
CLOSE TO 2K SQ FT IN LIVING SPACE /GREAT LOCATION, BEAUTIFUL 3 LVL BRICK TH WITH GRANITE KITCHEN COUNTERS, WOOD FLOORS, FIREPLACE IN FAMILY ROOM, SPACIOUS BEDROOMS SIZE, FRESH PAINT, NEW CARPET, NEW UPDATES THROUGHOUT HOME,CAR GARAGE, LARGE DECK WITH PATIO BELOW, REAR FENCED, SWIMMING POOL ACROSS STREET, LAKE NEAR BY, MANY HOA AMENITIES /PLEASE CHECK OUT THE VIRTUAL TOUR.
Just Listed in Northern VA
Luxury living in this 5bd/2.5ba Dutch colonial home on cul-de-sac in Hidden Forest w/ natural light & great flow. Renovated kitchen boasts SS appliances, granite, 42in. cabinets & tons of storage. Huge master w/ sitting room & large en suite. Sunken family room w/ fireplace, screened-in porch. Hot tub, patio w/ fire pit, & massive side yard. All so close to Great Falls Village & under $900k.
Immaculate, ready to move in, 6735 finished sqft home in gated golf course community. Whole house freshly painted. Bump-outs on 3 levels, large gourmet kitchen w/ granite, SS appliances. Stunning foyer w/ spiral stair case, second stair case, custom built-ins, main level all hardwood floors. Plantation wood shutters thru out, finished basement w/wet bar, 2 extra rooms. Huge composite deck.
Amazing 4 Level Home with Tons of Character! Gourmet Kitchen with Breakfast Bar & Granite Counters! Open Floor Plan, Architectural Detailing & Private/Fenced Backyard! Expanded with Side Family Room & Rear Sunroom! Bonus 4th Level Loft! Freshly Painted! Remodeled Bathrooms! Paver Semi Circle Driveway! Great Location! Walk to Restaurants & Shoppes in Ballston! Less than a mile to Metro! A MUST SEE!
Find your perfect home!
These neighborhoods have that special mixture of luxurious homes with a desirable location. Many of these neighborhoods are served by the area's best public schools.
- Arcturus -- Along the Potomac River near George Washington Parkway
- Arlington Ridge -- Overlooking the capital's river valley
- Belle Haven -- An established neighborhood of distinctive homes
- Chesterbrook -- Elegant homes on quiet streets in Mclean
- Clifton -- A place to find your micro-mansion
- Great Falls --- Impressive residences with large lots
- Langley -- Great schools, quiet neigbhoods
- Rivercrest -- Stately homes on the Arlingwood bluff
- Seminary Hill -- Impressive homes on large lots close to town
- Yacht Haven -- Boater's paradise on the Potomac
There is a certain charm to a historic neighborhood that you cannot find elsewhere. Many of these neighborhoods date to the colonial era.
- City of Fairfax -- Old Town Fairfax has some of the oldest buildings in Northern Virginia
- Downtown Falls Church -- One of the oldest settlements in Northern Virginia
- Fort Hunt -- Fort Hunt Park is at the center of this community
- Lyon Village -- One of the areas first real estate developments
- Manassas -- Only the site of two major battles in the US Civil War
- Occoquan -- Overlooking the Potomac River
- Old Town Alexandria -- Colonial architecture is standard fare
- Mount Vernon -- George Washington's hometown
- Woodlawn -- Home to several historic structures
It's fun to live close to shops and restaurants.
- Aurora Hieghts --- Near the Pentagon at the center of the region
- Ballston --- Ballston Common Mall is at the center of this community
- Clarendon --- Market Common Clarendon has many shops and restaurants
- Fair Lakes -- Home of the Fair Oaks Mall and many nearby restaurants
- Old Town --Well-known for boutiques, shops and restaurants
- Pentagon City -- The Fashion Center at Pentagon City is a multi-level indoor mall surrounded by shops and restaurtants
- Springfield -- Springfield Mall is being renovated and replaced by a brand new shopping center
- Reston -- Reston Town Center is one of many shopping attractions here.
- Tysons Corner -- Home to Tysons Corner Mall and the upscale Tysons II Galleria
Are you looking for a home or condo near a metro station? Use our site to find properties close to Metro stations.
Our Coverage Areas
- Rental Prices And Pics Of Real Estate At 22308
- What’s Available In 22315?
- $195,000 In Alexandria At Pembrook Village // 2 Beds // 2 Full Baths – 0 Half Baths
- Revealing Facts About Eton Square
- Just Listed In 22310
- Single-family and Condo/Co-op Sales in Alexandria
- Revealing Facts About Royal Court in Annandale
- How Much Do Homes Cost At Newington Forest In Fairfax County?
- $875,000: 705 Forest Park Rd, Great Falls, VA 22066 | Hidden Forest | Comparables
- $789,000: 8253 Roxborough Loop, Gainesville, VA 20155 | Lake Manassas | Comparables
- $399,900: 32 Reed Ave, Alexandria, VA 22305 | Beaumont | Comparables
- $799,900: 1706 Glebe Rd, Arlington, VA 22207 | Waycroft | Comparables
- $545,000: 7627 Mineral Spring Ct, Springfield, VA 22153 | Chancellor Farms | Comparables
- $799,900: 3436a Holly Rd, Annandale, VA 22003 | Holly Woods Estates | Comparables
- $315,000: 15402 Elizabeth Burbage Loop, Woodbridge, VA 22191 | Rippon Landing | Comparables
- $525,000: 6464 Oakwood Dr, Falls Church, VA 22041 | Belvedere | Comparables
- $489,900: 8061 Towering Oak Way, Manassas, VA 20111 | Blooms Mill | Comparables
- $539,900: 9447 Brightstar Dr, Manassas, VA 20111 | Cayden Ridge | Comparables