Take A Break From The Summer Heat By Cooling Down At Old Town Pool In Alexandria

Old Town Pool is located a 2.71 acres multipurpose facility located at 1609 Cameron Street in Alexandria. The area features a 25 yard lap pool with diving well and an handicap accessible training pool combined with a basketball court, picnic area and a playground for the kids to enjoy before or after swimming. The Old Town Pool is adjacent to the Durant Recreation Center located to the east and Buchanan Park located to the north. This pool is the only one located in Old Town Alexandria. The pool and other facilities is open to the public all the summer. Continue reading

Why You Should Visit Angel Park In Alexandria

Angel Park is an urban neighborhood park located at 201 West Taylor Run Parkway in Alexandria. The 10.34 acres park was named after William J Angel who owned the land in 1939. The park is located along the West Taylor Run Parkway and Taylor Run and it is used by residents in neighboring areas such as Del Ray and Old Town. Angel Park is currently adopted by the Taylor Run Civic Association through the Adopt-a-Park program.Continue reading

Where Is Barcroft Park In Arlington?

Barcroft Park is located at The large 65- acre park offers numerous diverse amenities including multiple sports fields and courts, batting cages, volleyball courts, lighted drop-in rectangular and permit-only diamond synthetic fields, and lighted basketball court.

Barcroft Park
The baseball field at Barcroft Park

Continue reading

What to Know About Bon Air Park In Arlington

Floral Grandeur at Bon Air Memorial Rose Garden

Bon Air Park is an expansive 24-acre park located at 850 N Lexington St, Arlington, VA 22205, USA. It features a beautiful memorial rose garden that is often a chosen location for weddings.

This memorial rose garden was started by Nellie Broyhill back in 1939. She started the Arlington Rose Foundation with the purpose of planting a memorial garden at the forthcoming Arlington hospital (now Virginia Hospital Center). The garden was meant to honor local war veterans who fought in the World War 11.

Continue reading