Good great is a good indicator, but is no guarantee of a good tenant. Good credit history indicates that someone pays bills on time and knows how to manage their finances. Renters usually have worse credit than homeowners / landlords. Bad credit is not an absolute disqualifier. There are perfectly valid reasons why some people have bad credit and some of those people with bad credit can be outstanding tenants.
A credit history check is not the beginning or end but it is a good place to start to get a picture of whom you're dealing with.
Our Five Step Process
Property Management Basics
What does a property manager do?
The property manager’s primary role is to interface directly with applicants, tenants, and maintenance people. A good property manager saves you time, hassle, and worry by having your property producing income while maintaining the value of your investment. The property manager handles:
- the marketing of your rental,
- the collection of rent in a timely fashion,
- the maintenance of a record of all income and expenses,
- the overseeing of maintenance and repair issues,
- the response to tenant complaints,
- the knowledge of when to draw the line,
- and even the pursuance of evictions.
Nesbitt Realty has the know-how and experience in properly managing your property, giving you the peace of mind that comes with the knowledge that your investment is in good hands.