What we look for in Front Royal tenants
In Front Royal, Nesbitt Realty prefers to deal with reliable tenants. Here are some of the traits we seek out.
- A tenant pays the rent when due every time. This means paying on or before the first, rather than at 5 pm on the 5th.
- A tenant is trustworthy. A tenant does not sneak in a co-renter or pet.
- A tenant is reasonably clean. A tenant does not bring pests like rodents and bugs.
- A tenant does not overwork the property or its systems.
- A renter is courteous and pleasant to work with. A renter understands the difference between a property manager and a hotel concierge.
- A tenant doesn't annoy neighbors.
- A tenant complains at appropriate times. Renters that don't report maintenance issues cost real estate investors money and cause problems for property managers.
- A tenant doesn't complain when it's not appropriate. This means that a tenant doesn't demand to replace functioning systems. A tenant doesn't expect more than the lease provides. A tenant doesn't complain that an appliance doesn't work when the renter doesn't know how to operate the appliance.
- A renter does not smoke in the rental.
- A tenant is looking for a rental term that is as long as the landlord wants to rent the property.
So this is what we're looking for in a renter, but how do we find renters who live up to this ideal? Experience has taught us that tardy tenants can appear as polite, nicely-dress, well educated people with jobs. We have a nose for sniffing out tardy renters.
Our Five Step Process
Fair Housing Laws and our conscience dictates that we do not judge applicants in Front Royal based upon appearance. Experience has taught us that appearances can be very decieving. We do however assess applicants based upon their reputation and their actions. If a applicant is difficult with our managers at the start, they will probably be difficult as tenants. If a is dishonest, we will expect them to be dishonest as a renter. If a has a problem scrounging up fundsfor background fees and the first month of rent, we will expect that same person will have problems while they are in the rental.
But even when every action initially is promising we still vet each potential tenant with a full background check. Every applicant and occupant must submit a government-issue photo identification. From there, as property managers we start our vetting process.
Front Royal Property Management Resources
a free reference for landlords in Front Royal
- Before you lease out your rental in Front Royal
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During tenancy
- End of tenancy and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the landlord get paid?
- How your property manager handles the association and your community
- How your management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management finds renters
- Insurance matters for property owners using our property management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Front Royal rental investor responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental investment in Front Royal
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental property
- When owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Front Royal
More Information About Front Royal
After the background check is complete we make a recommendation to the real estate investor based upon our experience as rental managers in Front Royal and the information which we have verified. Ultimately the property owner decides if the risk is worth taking, but they make that decision based upon facts and our expert advice.
Should you understand more about our local real estate market?
Nesbitt Realty's Guide to Real Estate is a helpful tool for anyone who hopes to learn more about Front Royal and surrounding communities. The Guide to Real Estate has information regarding what has sold and what is on the market, as well as a couple of shocking facts that you might not be aware of. Also, our Guide features many of the benefits of life in Front Royal. Yes, most of this is interesting for buyers and sellers, but real estate investors and tenants may also find this data to be very sobering.
Our Broker Will Nesbitt
"I am by nature a trusting person, but this business has taught me to verify every statement that a tenant makes. Scammers and bad tenants can sometimes give every appearance of being trustworthy and upright people. We never cut corners on background checks." ~ Will Nesbitt
I like tenants that pay on time. Late paying tenants cause extra work and unnecessary stress for landlords and property managers. ~ Julie Nesbitt