What we seek in Riverton tenants
In Riverton, Nesbitt Realty likes to deal with reliable renters. Here are a few of the traits we expect.
- An ideal renter pays the rent on time every month. This means paying on or before the first, rather than at 5 pm on the 5th.
- A desirable tenant has integrity. A good renter does not sneak in a co-renter or pet.
- An ideal renter is reasonably clean. A reliable tenant does not attract pests like rodents and bugs.
- A reliable renter does not misuse systems.
- A reliable tenant is courteous and nice to work with. A trustworthy renter understands the difference between a property manager and a hotel concierge.
- A reliable renter doesn't bother neighbors.
- A desirable tenant reports problems at appropriate times. tenants that don't report maintenance issues cost property owners money and cause problems for property managers.
- A desirable renter doesn't gripe when it's not appropriate. This means that a desirable renter doesn't ask to replace functioning systems. A desirable renter doesn't expect more than the lease provides. A trustworthy tenant doesn't complain that an appliance doesn't work when the renter doesn't know how to operate the appliance.
- A reliable tenant does not smoke in the property.
- A desirable renter is looking for a lease that is as long as the owner wants to rent the property.
So this is what we're looking for in a renter, but how do we find tenants who live up to this standard? Experience has taught us that tardy renters can appear as polite, nicely-dress, well educated people with good jobs. We have a nose for sniffing out difficult renters.
Our Five Step Process
Fair Housing Laws and our conscience dictates that we do not judge people in Riverton based upon appearance. Experience has taught us that appearances can be very decieving. We do however judge people based upon their track record and their actions. If a applicant is rude to our staff from the start, they will probably be difficult as renters. If a n applicant lies, we will expect them to be dishonest as a tenant. If a person has a problem finding money for background fees and the first month of rent, we can expect that same applicant will have troubles during the lease.
But even when every statement initially is good we still vet each applicant with a full background check. Every potential renter and occupant must provide a government-issue photo identification. From there, as property managers we start our vetting process.
Riverton Property Management Resources
a good reference for landlords in Riverton
- Before you lease out your investment in Riverton
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During the lease term
- End of lease term and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the rental investor get paid?
- How your property manager handles the association and your community
- How your property management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty finds renters
- Insurance matters for owners using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Riverton owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental investment in Riverton
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental property
- When landlords don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Riverton
More Information About Riverton
After the background check is complete we make a recommendation to the real estate investor based upon our experience as rental managers in Riverton and the information which we have verified. Ultimately the owner decides if the risk is worth taking, but they make that decision based upon facts and our expert advice.
Do you want know more about our community?
Our Guide to Real Estate is a handy resource for everyone who wants to review important real estate information about Riverton and nearby communities. The Guide to Real Estate includes data regarding what has sold and what is on the market, and a couple of shocking facts that you may not know. And, our Guide has some elements of living in Riverton. Yes, all of this is interesting for buyers and sellers, but landlords and tenants will likely also find these tools to be somewhat edifying.
Our Broker Will Nesbitt
"I am by nature a trusting person, but this business has taught me to verify every statement that a tenant makes. Scammers and bad tenants can sometimes give every appearance of being trustworthy and upright people. We never cut corners on background checks." ~ Will Nesbitt
I like tenants that pay on time. Late paying tenants cause extra work and unnecessary stress for landlords and property managers. ~ Julie Nesbitt