What we seek in Riverton tenants
In Riverton, Nesbitt Realty prefers to work with reasonable renters. Here are a few of the traits we seek out.
- A good renter pays the rent on time every month. This means paying on or before the first, rather than at 5 pm on the 5th.
- An ideal renter is trustworthy. A good renter does not sneak in a co-renter or pet.
- A desirable tenant is fussy about cleanliness. A desirable renter does not bring pests such as rodents and bugs.
- An ideal tenant does not break the home.
- A desirable tenant is courteous and nice to work with. A desirable renter understands the difference between a property manager and a hotel concierge.
- A trustworthy tenant doesn't disturb neighbors.
- A desirable tenant reports problems when appropriate. tenants that don't report maintenance issues cost landlords money and cause problems for property managers.
- A trustworthy tenant doesn't gripe when it's not appropriate. This means that an ideal tenant doesn't ask to replace functioning systems. An ideal renter doesn't expect more than the lease provides. A great renter doesn't complain that an appliance doesn't work when the tenant doesn't know how to operate the appliance.
- A reliable renter does not smoke in the property.
- A good tenant is looking for a rental term that is as long as the landlord wants to rent the property.
So this is what we're looking for in a tenant, but how do we find renters who measure up to this standard? Experience has taught us that bad renters can appear as polite, nicely-dress, well educated people with good jobs. We have a nose for sniffing out troublesome renters.
Our Five Step Process
Fair Housing Laws and our conscience dictates that we do not judge applicants in Riverton based upon appearance. Experience has taught us that appearances can be very decieving. We do however assess people based upon their track record and their actions. If a applicant is rude to us from the start, they will probably be rude as renters. If a potential renter lies, we will expect them to be dishonest as a tenant. If a potential tenant has difficulty scrounging up money for background fees and the first month of rent, we will expect that same person will have troubles while they are in the rental.
But even when every action initially is promising we still check the background of every applicant with a complete background check. Every applicant and occupant must submit a government-issue photo identification. From there, as property managers we start our vetting process.
Riverton Rental Management Resources
a good source for rental investors in Riverton
- Before you lease out your rental property in Riverton
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During the lease term
- End of lease term and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the property owner get paid?
- How your management company handles the association and your community
- How your management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty finds tenants
- Insurance matters for property owners using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Riverton property owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental property in Riverton
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental
- When owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Riverton
More Information About Riverton
After the background check is complete we make a recommendation to the owner based upon our experience as property managers in Riverton and the information that we have verified. Ultimately the owner decides if the risk is worth taking, but they make that decision based upon facts and our expert advice.
Do you need know more about our community?
Our Guide to Real Estate is a helpful tool for anyone who wants to review important real estate information about Riverton and neighboring areas. The Guide to Real Estate includes facts about what has sold and what is on the market, as well as a few surprising facts that you may not be aware of. Furthermore, our Guide features quite a few of the benefits of living in Riverton. As a matter of course, all of this is helpful for buyers and sellers, but rental investors and renters should also find this information to be quite informative.
Our Broker Will Nesbitt
"I am by nature a trusting person, but this business has taught me to verify every statement that a tenant makes. Scammers and bad tenants can sometimes give every appearance of being trustworthy and upright people. We never cut corners on background checks." ~ Will Nesbitt
I like tenants that pay on time. Late paying tenants cause extra work and unnecessary stress for landlords and property managers. ~ Julie Nesbitt