What we seek in Front Royal renters
In Front Royal, Nesbitt Realty wants to deal with good renters. Here are some of the traits we expect.
- A reliable tenant pays the rent when due every time. This means paying on or before the first, rather than at 5 pm on the 5th.
- An ideal renter is trustworthy. An ideal renter does not sneak in a co-renter or pet.
- A desirable tenant is neat. An ideal tenant does not attract pests like rodents and bugs.
- A great tenant does not misuse the property.
- An ideal tenant is courteous and easy to work with. A reliable tenant knows the difference between a property manager and a hotel concierge.
- A great renter doesn't annoy neighbors.
- An ideal renter reports problems at appropriate times. tenants that don't report maintenance issues cost property owners money and cause issues for property managers.
- A great renter doesn't gripe when it's not appropriate. This means that a reliable tenant doesn't demand to replace functioning systems. A reliable tenant doesn't expect more than the lease provides. An ideal renter doesn't complain that an appliance doesn't work when the tenant doesn't know how to operate the appliance.
- A desirable tenant does not smoke in the rental.
- An ideal renter is looking for a rental term that is as long as the real estate investor wants to rent the home.
So this is what we're looking for in a renter, but how do we find tenants who live up to this standard? Experience has taught us that difficult renters can appear as polite, nicely-dress, well educated people with good jobs. We have a nose for sniffing out bad tenants.
Our Five Step Process
Fair Housing Laws and our conscience dictates that we do not judge potential renters in Front Royal based upon appearance. Experience has taught us that appearances can be very decieving. We do however assess potential renters based upon their reputation and their actions. If a applicant is difficult with us from the outset, they will probably be trying as tenants. If a person is dishonest, we can expect them to be dishonest as a tenant. If a person has a problem scrounging up fundsfor background fees and the first month of rent, we can expect that same person will have troubles during the lease.
But even when every statement initially is good we still check the background of every potential tenant with a full background check. Every person and occupant must submit a government-issue photo identification. From there, as property managers we start our vetting process.
Front Royal Rental Management Resources
a useful reference for rental investors in Front Royal
- Before you put a renter in your rental in Front Royal
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During tenancy
- End of lease term and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the rental investor get paid?
- How your property manager handles the association and your community
- How your rental manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt finds tenants
- Insurance matters for owners using our property management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Front Royal property owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your property in Front Royal
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental
- When owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Front Royal
More Information About Front Royal
After the background check is complete we make a recommendation to the property owner based upon our experience as property managers in Front Royal and the information that we have verified. Ultimately the property owner decides if the risk is worth taking, but they make that decision based upon facts and our expert advice.
Should you understand more about our area?
Our Guide to Real Estate is a handy tool for anyone who hopes to find out more about Front Royal and neighboring communities. The Guide to Real Estate includes facts regarding what has sold and what is currently listed, as well as a couple of shocking facts that you might not be aware of. Furthermore, our Guide spotlights some assets of living in Front Royal. Yes, most of this is helpful for buyers and sellers, but owners and tenants may also find the facts to be quite useful.
Our Broker Will Nesbitt
"I am by nature a trusting person, but this business has taught me to verify every statement that a tenant makes. Scammers and bad tenants can sometimes give every appearance of being trustworthy and upright people. We never cut corners on background checks." ~ Will Nesbitt
I like tenants that pay on time. Late paying tenants cause extra work and unnecessary stress for landlords and property managers. ~ Julie Nesbitt