What we seek in Maurertown tenants
In Maurertown, our team wants to deal with dependable tenants. Here are some of the traits we look for.
- A reliable tenant pays the rent on time every time. This means paying on or before the first, rather than at 5 pm on the 5th.
- A great tenant is honest. A desirable renter does not sneak in a co-renter or pet.
- A desirable tenant is fussy about cleanliness. A good renter does not attract pests like rodents and bugs.
- An ideal renter does not overwork the property or its systems.
- A good renter is courteous and pleasant to get along with. A trustworthy renter understands the difference between a property manager and a hotel concierge.
- A trustworthy tenant doesn't disturb neighbors.
- A reliable tenant complains at appropriate times. tenants that don't report maintenance issues cost property owners money and cause head-aches for property managers.
- An ideal renter doesn't gripe when it's not appropriate. This means that a trustworthy tenant doesn't demand to upgrade functioning systems. An ideal renter doesn't expect more than the lease provides. A desirable tenant doesn't complain that an appliance doesn't work when the tenant doesn't know how to operate the appliance.
- A trustworthy renter does not smoke in the home.
- A good renter is looking for a lease that is as long as the property owner wants to rent the property.
So this is what we're looking for in a tenant, but how do we find tenants who measure up to this standard? Experience has taught us that bad tenants can appear as polite, nicely-dress, well educated people with good jobs. We have a nose for sniffing out unreasonable renters.
Our Five Step Process
Fair Housing Laws and our conscience dictates that we do not judge potential renters in Maurertown based upon appearance. Experience has taught us that appearances can be very decieving. We do however assess applicants based upon their reputation and their actions. If a applicant is difficult with our staff from the beginning, they will probably be troublesome as tenants. If a n applicant is dishonest, we will expect them to be untrustworthy as a renter. If a potential tenant has difficulty scrounging up fundsfor background fees and the first month of rent, we will expect that same potential tenant will have problems during the lease.
But even if every statement initially is promising we still check the background of each applicant with a complete background check. Every person and occupant must submit a government-issue photo identification. From there, as property managers we start our vetting process.
Maurertown Rental Management Resources
a free source for property owners in Maurertown
- Before you lease out your rental property in Maurertown
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During the lease term
- End of tenancy and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the property owner get paid?
- How your management company handles the association and your community
- How your management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty finds renters
- Insurance matters for owners using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Maurertown owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your property in Maurertown
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental property
- When landlords don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Maurertown
More Information About Maurertown
After the background check is reviewed we make a recommendation to the landlord based upon our experience as rental managers in Maurertown and the information that we have verified. Ultimately the landlord decides if the risk is worth taking, but they make that decision based upon facts and our expert advice.
Do you need know more about our local real estate market?
Our Guide to Real Estate is a free resource for anyone who hopes to investigate real estate facts about Maurertown and neighboring areas. The Guide to Real Estate compiles information regarding what has sold and what is on the market, and a few compelling facts that you may not know. Also, our Guide features many of the aspects of residing in Maurertown. As might be expected, most of this is interesting for purchasers and sellers, but real estate investors and renters might also find these tools to be very eye-opening.
Our Broker Will Nesbitt
"I am by nature a trusting person, but this business has taught me to verify every statement that a tenant makes. Scammers and bad tenants can sometimes give every appearance of being trustworthy and upright people. We never cut corners on background checks." ~ Will Nesbitt
I like tenants that pay on time. Late paying tenants cause extra work and unnecessary stress for landlords and property managers. ~ Julie Nesbitt