What we look for in Bryce Mountain Resort renters
In Bryce Mountain Resort, Nesbitt Realty wants to deal with dependable tenants. Here are some of the traits we expect.
- A renter pays the rent when due every month. This means paying on or before the first, rather than at 5 pm on the 5th.
- A renter has integrity. A tenant does not sneak in a co-renter or pet.
- A tenant is fastidious. A tenant does not attract pests such as rodents and bugs.
- A renter does not destroy the property.
- A tenant is courteous and easy to work with. A renter knows the difference between a property manager and a hotel concierge.
- A renter doesn't disturb neighbors.
- A renter reports problems when appropriate. tenants that don't report maintenance issues cost property owners money and cause head-aches for property managers.
- A renter doesn't gripe when it's not appropriate. This means that a renter doesn't demand to replace functioning systems. A tenant doesn't expect more than the lease provides. A renter doesn't complain that an appliance doesn't work when the tenant doesn't know how to operate the appliance.
- A tenant does not smoke in the rental.
- A tenant is looking for a lease that is as long as the landlord wants to rent the home.
So this is what we're looking for in a tenant, but how do we find tenants who live up to this standard? Experience has taught us that troublesome renters can appear as polite, nicely-dress, well educated people with jobs. We have a knack for sniffing out unreasonable tenants.
Our Five Step Process
Fair Housing Laws and our conscience dictates that we do not judge potential tenants in Bryce Mountain Resort based upon appearance. Experience has taught us that appearances can be very decieving. We do however judge potential tenants based upon their reputation and their actions. If a applicant is rude to us at the beginning, they will probably be trying as renters. If a lies, we can expect them to be untrustworthy as a tenant. If a has troubles scrounging up fundsfor background fees and the first month of rent, we can expect that same potential tenant will have difficulty while they are in the rental.
But even if every statement initially is good we still check the background of each person with a complete background check. Every potential renter and occupant must submit a government-issue photo identification. From there, as property managers we start our vetting process.
Bryce Mountain Resort Property Management Resources
a free source for property owners in Bryce Mountain Resort
- Before you move a tenant into your rental property in Bryce Mountain Resort
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During the lease term
- End of tenancy and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the rental investor get paid?
- How your property management company handles the association and your community
- How your property management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management finds renters
- Insurance matters for rental investors using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Bryce Mountain Resort property owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental investment in Bryce Mountain Resort
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental investment
- When owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Bryce Mountain Resort
More Information About Bryce Mountain Resort
After the background check is finished we make a recommendation to the real estate investor based upon our experience as rental managers in Bryce Mountain Resort and the information that we have verified. Ultimately the owner decides if the risk is worth taking, but they make that decision based upon facts and our expert advice.
Do you want know more about this local real estate market?
Our Guide to Real Estate is a handy resource for everyone who wants to learn more about Bryce Mountain Resort and nearby areas. The Guide to Real Estate provides data about what has sold and what is on the market, and a few shocking facts that you may not know. Not to mention, our Guide highlights quite a few of the elements of living in Bryce Mountain Resort. Naturally, all of this is helpful for buyers and sellers, but real estate investors and tenants will probably also find these resources to be very informative.
Our Broker Will Nesbitt
"I am by nature a trusting person, but this business has taught me to verify every statement that a tenant makes. Scammers and bad tenants can sometimes give every appearance of being trustworthy and upright people. We never cut corners on background checks." ~ Will Nesbitt
I like tenants that pay on time. Late paying tenants cause extra work and unnecessary stress for landlords and property managers. ~ Julie Nesbitt