What we seek in Flint Hill renters
In Flint Hill, our team wants to work with reliable tenants. Here are some of the traits we expect.
- A good tenant pays the rent on time every month. This means paying on or before the first, rather than at 5 pm on the 5th.
- An ideal tenant is trustworthy. A reliable tenant does not sneak in a co-tenant or pet.
- A desirable renter is fastidious. A reliable tenant does not attract pests such as rodents and bugs.
- An ideal tenant does not break the property or its systems.
- A great tenant is courteous and nice to work with. A trustworthy renter understands the difference between a property manager and a hotel concierge.
- A reliable renter doesn't disturb neighbors.
- A reliable tenant reports problems when appropriate. Renters that don't report maintenance issues cost landlords money and cause issues for property managers.
- An ideal renter doesn't complain when it's not appropriate. This means that a good renter doesn't ask to upgrade functioning systems. An ideal renter doesn't expect more than the lease provides. A trustworthy tenant doesn't complain that an appliance doesn't work when the tenant doesn't know how to operate the appliance.
- A good renter does not smoke in the rental.
- A great tenant is looking for a rental term that is as long as the landlord wants to rent the property.
So this is what we're looking for in a tenant, but how do we find renters who measure up to this ideal? Experience has taught us that bad tenants can appear as polite, nicely-dress, well educated people with great jobs. We have a knack for sniffing out unreasonable renters.
Our Five Step Process
Fair Housing Laws and our conscience dictates that we do not judge applicants in Flint Hill based upon appearance. Experience has taught us that appearances can be very decieving. We do however judge people based upon their reputation and their actions. If a applicant is rude to our managers at the start, they will probably be rude as tenants. If a person is dishonest, we can expect them to be unreliable as a renter. If a potential renter has troubles scrounging up fundsfor background fees and the first month of rent, we will expect that same potential tenant will have problems during the lease.
But even when every action initially is promising we still check the background of each applicant with a complete background check. Every potential renter and occupant must provide a government-issue photo identification. From there, as rental we start our vetting process.
Flint Hill Rental Management Resources
a good reference for landlords in Flint Hill
- Before you rent out your investment in Flint Hill
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During the lease term
- End of lease term and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the landlord get paid?
- How your property management company handles the association and your community
- How your rental manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management finds tenants
- Insurance matters for rental investors using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Flint Hill rental investor responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental property in Flint Hill
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental investment
- When owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Flint Hill
More Information About Flint Hill
After the background check is reviewed we make a recommendation to the landlord based upon our experience as property managers in Flint Hill and the information which we have verified. Ultimately the real estate investor decides if the risk is worth taking, but they make that decision based upon facts and our expert advice.
Do you need know more about our area?
Nesbitt Realty's Guide to Real Estate is a handy tool for anyone who needs to find out more about Flint Hill and surrounding communities. The Guide to Real Estate compiles facts about what has sold and what is for sale, and a few compelling facts that you may not be aware of. Furthermore, our Guide has some elements of residing in Flint Hill. Of course, most of this is useful for purchasers and sellers, but property owners and renters will likely also find the facts to be very edifying.
Our Broker Will Nesbitt
"I am by nature a trusting person, but this business has taught me to verify every statement that a tenant makes. Scammers and bad tenants can sometimes give every appearance of being trustworthy and upright people. We never cut corners on background checks." ~ Will Nesbitt
I like tenants that pay on time. Late paying tenants cause extra work and unnecessary stress for landlords and property managers. ~ Julie Nesbitt