What we look for in Sunset Heights renters
In Sunset Heights, Nesbitt Realty prefers to work with good tenants. Here are some of the traits we look for.
- A tenant pays the rent on time every month. This means paying on or before the first, rather than at 5 pm on the 5th.
- A tenant has integrity. A tenant does not sneak in a co-renter or pet.
- A renter is fastidious. A renter does not bring pests like rodents and bugs.
- A tenant does not misuse the property or its systems.
- A renter is courteous and pleasant to get along with. A tenant knows the difference between a property manager and a hotel concierge.
- A renter doesn't annoy neighbors.
- A tenant complains when appropriate. tenants that don't report maintenance issues cost real estate investors money and cause head-aches for property managers.
- A renter doesn't complain when it's not appropriate. This means that a tenant doesn't demand to replace functioning systems. A tenant doesn't expect more than the lease provides. A tenant doesn't complain that an appliance doesn't work when the tenant doesn't know how to operate the appliance.
- A renter does not smoke in the rental.
- A tenant is looking for a rental term that is as long as the landlord wants to rent the rental.
So this is what we're looking for in a renter, but how do we find renters who measure up to this ideal? Experience has taught us that tardy tenants can appear as polite, nicely-dress, well educated people with jobs. We have a nose for sniffing out unreasonable renters.
Our Five Step Process
Fair Housing Laws and our conscience dictates that we do not judge people in Sunset Heights based upon appearance. Experience has taught us that appearances can be very decieving. We do however judge potential tenants based upon their track record and their actions. If a applicant is difficult with us from the outset, they will probably be rude as renters. If a lies, we can expect them to be unreliable as a renter. If a has troubles finding certified fundsfor background fees and the first month of rent, we will expect that same applicant will have troubles while they are in the rental.
But even if every action initially is promising we still check the background of each applicant with a complete background check. Every potential renter and occupant must provide a government-issue photo identification. From there, as rental we start our vetting process.
Sunset Heights Rental Management Resources
a free source for landlords in Sunset Heights
- Before you move a tenant into your rental in Sunset Heights
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During the lease term
- End of tenancy and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the rental investor get paid?
- How your management company handles the association and your community
- How your management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty finds tenants
- Insurance matters for landlords using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Sunset Heights owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental property in Sunset Heights
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental
- When property owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Sunset Heights
More Information About Sunset Heights
After the background check is complete we make a recommendation to the landlord based upon our experience as property managers in Sunset Heights and the information which we have verified. Ultimately the property owner decides if the risk is worth taking, but they make that decision based upon facts and our expert advice.
Should you understand more about the area?
Nesbitt Realty's Guide to Real Estate is a free tool for anyone who wants to find out more about Sunset Heights and nearby communities. The Guide to Real Estate provides information regarding what has sold and what is on the market, and a few compelling facts that you might not know. In addition, our Guide highlights some aspects of life in Sunset Heights. As might be expected, most of this is useful for buyers and sellers, but rental investors and renters should also find these resources to be somewhat eye-opening.
Our Broker Will Nesbitt
"I am by nature a trusting person, but this business has taught me to verify every statement that a tenant makes. Scammers and bad tenants can sometimes give every appearance of being trustworthy and upright people. We never cut corners on background checks." ~ Will Nesbitt
I like tenants that pay on time. Late paying tenants cause extra work and unnecessary stress for landlords and property managers. ~ Julie Nesbitt