What we look for in Clear Brook renters
In Clear Brook, Nesbitt Realty prefers to work with good renters. Here are a few of the traits we look for.
- A desirable renter pays the rent on time every month. This means paying on or before the first, rather than at 5 pm on the 5th.
- A desirable renter is honest. An ideal tenant does not sneak in a co-tenant or pet.
- A good renter is fastidious. A reliable tenant does not bring pests such as rodents and bugs.
- A desirable tenant does not break the home.
- A good tenant is courteous and pleasant to work with. A trustworthy renter understands the difference between a property manager and a hotel concierge.
- An ideal renter doesn't annoy neighbors.
- A trustworthy renter reports problems when appropriate. tenants that don't report maintenance issues cost property owners money and cause issues for property managers.
- A reliable tenant doesn't complain when it's not appropriate. This means that a reliable tenant doesn't demand to replace functioning systems. A trustworthy renter doesn't expect more than the lease provides. A great tenant doesn't complain that an appliance doesn't work when the tenant doesn't know how to operate the appliance.
- A great tenant does not smoke in the home.
- A trustworthy renter is looking for a rental term that is as long as the landlord wants to rent the rental.
So this is what we're looking for in a renter, but how do we find renters who live up to this standard? Experience has taught us that unreasonable renters can appear as polite, nicely-dress, well educated people with great jobs. We have a nose for sniffing out unreasonable tenants.
Our Five Step Process
Fair Housing Laws and our conscience dictates that we do not judge applicants in Clear Brook based upon appearance. Experience has taught us that appearances can be very decieving. We do however judge potential tenants based upon their track record and their actions. If a applicant is rude to our managers at the beginning, they will probably be troublesome as renters. If a potential renter is dishonest, we can expect them to be unreliable as a tenant. If a potential tenant has a problem producing money for background fees and the first month of rent, we can expect that same potential renter will have problems while they are in the rental.
But even if every action initially is promising we still vet each applicant with a complete background check. Every potential renter and occupant must submit a government-issue photo identification. From there, as property managers we start our vetting process.
Clear Brook Rental Management Resources
a free reference for rental investors in Clear Brook
- Before you put a renter in your rental in Clear Brook
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During the lease term
- End of lease term and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the property owner get paid?
- How your property management company handles the association and your community
- How your rental manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt finds tenants
- Insurance matters for landlords using our property management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Clear Brook property owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental investment in Clear Brook
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental
- When landlords don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Clear Brook
More Information About Clear Brook
After the background check is reviewed we make a recommendation to the property owner based upon our experience as property managers in Clear Brook and the information that we have verified. Ultimately the landlord decides if the risk is worth taking, but they make that decision based upon facts and our expert advice.
Do you want understand more about the local real estate market?
Nesbitt Realty's Guide to Real Estate is a free resource for everyone who wants to investigate real estate facts about Clear Brook and neighboring areas. The Guide to Real Estate includes facts about what has sold and what is currently listed, as well as a few surprising facts that you may not be aware of. In addition, our Guide features many of the benefits of life in Clear Brook. As a matter of course, most of this is interesting for buyers and sellers, but owners and renters will likely also find this data to be somewhat sobering.
Our Broker Will Nesbitt
"I am by nature a trusting person, but this business has taught me to verify every statement that a tenant makes. Scammers and bad tenants can sometimes give every appearance of being trustworthy and upright people. We never cut corners on background checks." ~ Will Nesbitt
I like tenants that pay on time. Late paying tenants cause extra work and unnecessary stress for landlords and property managers. ~ Julie Nesbitt