What we look for in Clear Brook renters
In Clear Brook, our management staff likes to work with dependable renters. Here are a few of the traits we expect.
- A renter pays the rent when due every time. This means paying on or before the first, rather than at 5 pm on the 5th.
- A renter is trustworthy. A tenant does not sneak in a co-renter or pet.
- A renter is reasonably clean. A renter does not bring pests like rodents and bugs.
- A renter does not misuse the home.
- A renter is courteous and pleasant to work with. A renter knows the difference between a property manager and a hotel concierge.
- A renter doesn't bother neighbors.
- A tenant complains when appropriate. tenants that don't report maintenance issues cost real estate investors money and cause head-aches for property managers.
- A renter doesn't complain when it's not appropriate. This means that a tenant doesn't ask to replace functioning systems. A tenant doesn't expect more than the lease provides. A renter doesn't complain that an appliance doesn't work when the renter doesn't know how to operate the appliance.
- A tenant does not smoke in the rental.
- A tenant is looking for a lease that is as long as the real estate investor wants to rent the property.
So this is what we're looking for in a tenant, but how do we find tenants who live up to this standard? Experience has taught us that difficult tenants can appear as polite, nicely-dress, well educated people with jobs. We have a nose for sniffing out bad tenants.
Our Five Step Process
Fair Housing Laws and our conscience dictates that we do not judge people in Clear Brook based upon appearance. Experience has taught us that appearances can be very decieving. We do however judge potential renters based upon their track record and their actions. If a applicant is difficult with us from the beginning, they will probably be difficult as renters. If a makes false statements, we will expect them to be unreliable as a renter. If a has difficulty finding certified fundsfor background fees and the first month of rent, we can expect that same applicant will have troubles while they are in the rental.
But even if every action initially is good we still check the background of every potential tenant with a full background check. Every potential tenant and occupant must submit a government-issue photo identification. From there, as rental we start our vetting process.
Clear Brook Property Management Resources
a free source for landlords in Clear Brook
- Before you rent out your rental in Clear Brook
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During the lease term
- End of lease term and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the rental investor get paid?
- How your rental manager handles the association and your community
- How your property management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management finds renters
- Insurance matters for rental investors using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Clear Brook owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental investment in Clear Brook
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental
- When property owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Clear Brook
More Information About Clear Brook
After the background check is reviewed we make a recommendation to the real estate investor based upon our experience as rental managers in Clear Brook and the information which we have verified. Ultimately the property owner decides if the risk is worth taking, but they make that decision based upon facts and our expert advice.
Do you want understand more about the local real estate market?
Our Guide to Real Estate is a handy resource for anyone who needs to find out more about Clear Brook and nearby areas. The Guide to Real Estate has information about what has sold and what is currently listed, as well as some shocking facts that you may not know. Furthermore, our Guide spotlights some elements of residing in Clear Brook. Of course, all of this is helpful for buyers and sellers, but landlords and renters will likely also find the facts to be quite useful.
Our Broker Will Nesbitt
"I am by nature a trusting person, but this business has taught me to verify every statement that a tenant makes. Scammers and bad tenants can sometimes give every appearance of being trustworthy and upright people. We never cut corners on background checks." ~ Will Nesbitt
I like tenants that pay on time. Late paying tenants cause extra work and unnecessary stress for landlords and property managers. ~ Julie Nesbitt