What we seek in Whitlers Creek Ii tenants
In Whitlers Creek Ii, Nesbitt Realty wants to deal with good renters. Here are a few of the traits we expect.
- A tenant pays the rent on time every month. This means paying on or before the first, rather than at 5 pm on the 5th.
- A renter is honest. A renter does not sneak in a co-tenant or pet.
- A renter is fussy about cleanliness. A tenant does not attract pests like rodents and bugs.
- A tenant does not break systems.
- A renter is courteous and nice to get along with. A tenant understands the difference between a property manager and a hotel concierge.
- A tenant doesn't annoy neighbors.
- A renter complains at appropriate times. tenants that don't report maintenance issues cost property owners money and cause problems for property managers.
- A renter doesn't complain when it's not appropriate. This means that a tenant doesn't demand to replace functioning systems. A renter doesn't expect more than the lease provides. A tenant doesn't complain that an appliance doesn't work when the renter doesn't know how to operate the appliance.
- A renter does not smoke in the property.
- A tenant is looking for a rental term that is as long as the real estate investor wants to rent the property.
So this is what we're looking for in a tenant, but how do we find renters who live up to this ideal? Experience has taught us that bad renters can appear as polite, nicely-dress, well educated people with jobs. We have a knack for sniffing out tardy renters.
Our Five Step Process
Fair Housing Laws and our conscience dictates that we do not judge people in Whitlers Creek Ii based upon appearance. Experience has taught us that appearances can be very decieving. We do however judge people based upon their reputation and their actions. If a applicant is difficult with our managers from the beginning, they will probably be troublesome as renters. If a is caught fabricating facts, we will expect them to be untrustworthy as a renter. If a has a problem producing money for background fees and the first month of rent, we can expect that same applicant will have difficulty during the lease.
But even if every action initially is good we still vet each potential renter with a full background check. Every applicant and occupant must provide a government-issue photo identification. From there, as property managers we start our vetting process.
Whitlers Creek Ii Rental Management Resources
a useful reference for property owners in Whitlers Creek Ii
- Before you rent out your rental in Whitlers Creek Ii
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During tenancy
- End of lease term and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the rental investor get paid?
- How your property management company handles the association and your community
- How your management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt finds renters
- Insurance matters for owners using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Whitlers Creek Ii rental investor responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your property in Whitlers Creek Ii
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental property
- When landlords don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Whitlers Creek Ii
More Information About Whitlers Creek Ii
After the background check is finished we make a recommendation to the landlord based upon our experience as property managers in Whitlers Creek Ii and the information that we have verified. Ultimately the owner decides if the risk is worth taking, but they make that decision based upon facts and our expert advice.
Do you want understand more about this local real estate market?
Our Guide to Real Estate is a free tool for anyone who needs to investigate real estate facts about Whitlers Creek Ii and surrounding areas. The Guide to Real Estate includes information about what has sold and what is currently listed, as well as many compelling facts that you may not be aware of. Furthermore, our Guide highlights some benefits of residing in Whitlers Creek Ii. Of course, all of this is useful for purchasers and sellers, but owners and renters might also find this information to be quite useful.
Our Broker Will Nesbitt
"I am by nature a trusting person, but this business has taught me to verify every statement that a tenant makes. Scammers and bad tenants can sometimes give every appearance of being trustworthy and upright people. We never cut corners on background checks." ~ Will Nesbitt
I like tenants that pay on time. Late paying tenants cause extra work and unnecessary stress for landlords and property managers. ~ Julie Nesbitt