What we look for in Sulgrave Manor tenants
In Sulgrave Manor, Nesbitt Realty likes to deal with good renters. Here are a few of the traits we expect.
- A reliable tenant pays the rent on time every month. This means paying on or before the first, rather than at 5 pm on the 5th.
- A great tenant is honest. A reliable tenant does not sneak in a co-tenant or pet.
- An ideal tenant is fussy about cleanliness. A great tenant does not attract pests such as rodents and bugs.
- A good renter does not overwork the property.
- A good tenant is courteous and easy to work with. A good tenant understands the difference between a property manager and a hotel concierge.
- A desirable tenant doesn't annoy neighbors.
- A great tenant reports problems when appropriate. Renters that don't report maintenance issues cost property owners money and cause head-aches for property managers.
- A trustworthy tenant doesn't complain when it's not appropriate. This means that a reliable tenant doesn't ask to replace functioning systems. A trustworthy tenant doesn't expect more than the lease provides. A desirable renter doesn't complain that an appliance doesn't work when the tenant doesn't know how to operate the appliance.
- A desirable tenant does not smoke in the home.
- A reliable tenant is looking for a rental term that is as long as the landlord wants to rent the rental.
So this is what we're looking for in a renter, but how do we find renters who live up to this standard? Experience has taught us that bad renters can appear as polite, nicely-dress, well educated people with great jobs. We have a knack for sniffing out bad tenants.
Our Five Step Process
Fair Housing Laws and our conscience dictates that we do not judge applicants in Sulgrave Manor based upon appearance. Experience has taught us that appearances can be very decieving. We do however assess potential renters based upon their track record and their actions. If a applicant is difficult with us at the start, they will probably be troublesome as tenants. If a potential tenant lies, we can expect them to be unreliable as a tenant. If a person has a problem producing fundsfor background fees and the first month of rent, we can expect that same person will have difficulty during the lease.
But even if every action initially is promising we still vet every potential tenant with a full background check. Every applicant and occupant must provide a government-issue photo identification. From there, as property managers we start our vetting process.
Sulgrave Manor Rental Management Resources
a handy source for rental investors in Sulgrave Manor
- Before you rent out your investment in Sulgrave Manor
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During the lease term
- End of lease term and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the owner get paid?
- How your rental manager handles the association and your community
- How your property manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt finds renters
- Insurance matters for landlords using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Sulgrave Manor owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental property in Sulgrave Manor
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental
- When landlords don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Sulgrave Manor
More Information About Sulgrave Manor
After the background check is complete we make a recommendation to the landlord based upon our experience as property managers in Sulgrave Manor and the information which we have verified. Ultimately the property owner decides if the risk is worth taking, but they make that decision based upon facts and our expert advice.
Do you need know more about the community?
Nesbitt Realty's Guide to Real Estate is a handy resource for everyone who needs to investigate real estate facts about Sulgrave Manor and surrounding communities. The Guide to Real Estate includes data regarding what has sold and what is currently listed, and a few compelling facts that you might not be aware of. In addition, our Guide features some assets of residing in Sulgrave Manor. Yes, most of this is useful for buyers and sellers, but property owners and renters will probably also find the facts to be quite edifying.
Our Broker Will Nesbitt
"I am by nature a trusting person, but this business has taught me to verify every statement that a tenant makes. Scammers and bad tenants can sometimes give every appearance of being trustworthy and upright people. We never cut corners on background checks." ~ Will Nesbitt
I like tenants that pay on time. Late paying tenants cause extra work and unnecessary stress for landlords and property managers. ~ Julie Nesbitt