What we seek in Bush Hill Woods tenants
In Bush Hill Woods, our management staff likes to work with reasonable tenants. Here are a few of the traits we look for.
- An ideal renter pays the rent when due every time. This means paying on or before the first, rather than at 5 pm on the 5th.
- A reliable tenant is trustworthy. An ideal tenant does not sneak in a co-renter or pet.
- A good tenant is fussy about cleanliness. A desirable tenant does not bring pests like rodents and bugs.
- A reliable tenant does not damage the property or its systems.
- A desirable tenant is courteous and pleasant to work with. An ideal renter knows the difference between a property manager and a hotel concierge.
- A good tenant doesn't bother neighbors.
- A desirable renter complains when appropriate. Renters that don't report maintenance issues cost real estate investors money and cause head-aches for property managers.
- A great tenant doesn't complain when it's not appropriate. This means that a trustworthy tenant doesn't ask to upgrade functioning systems. A reliable renter doesn't expect more than the lease provides. A good tenant doesn't complain that an appliance doesn't work when the renter doesn't know how to operate the appliance.
- A desirable tenant does not smoke in the home.
- A desirable tenant is looking for a rental term that is as long as the landlord wants to rent the property.
So this is what we're looking for in a tenant, but how do we find tenants who live up to this ideal? Experience has taught us that difficult tenants can appear as polite, nicely-dress, well educated people with good jobs. We have a nose for sniffing out troublesome tenants.
Our Five Step Process
Fair Housing Laws and our conscience dictates that we do not judge potential renters in Bush Hill Woods based upon appearance. Experience has taught us that appearances can be very decieving. We do however assess potential renters based upon their reputation and their actions. If a applicant is rude to our staff at the outset, they will probably be rude as renters. If a person lies, we can expect them to be dishonest as a tenant. If a potential renter has troubles producing money for background fees and the first month of rent, we will expect that same person will have troubles while they are in the rental.
But even when every appearance initially is promising we still vet each person with a full background check. Every person and occupant must provide a government-issue photo identification. From there, as rental we start our vetting process.
Bush Hill Woods Rental Management Resources
a useful archive for property owners in Bush Hill Woods
- Before you put a renter in your investment in Bush Hill Woods
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During tenancy
- End of lease term and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the rental investor get paid?
- How your management company handles the association and your community
- How your rental manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt finds renters
- Insurance matters for rental investors using our property management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Bush Hill Woods owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental investment in Bush Hill Woods
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental investment
- When property owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Bush Hill Woods
More Information About Bush Hill Woods
After the background check is complete we make a recommendation to the owner based upon our experience as rental managers in Bush Hill Woods and the information that we have verified. Ultimately the owner decides if the risk is worth taking, but they make that decision based upon facts and our expert advice.
Do you need understand more about our area?
Nesbitt Realty's Guide to Real Estate is a helpful resource for everyone who hopes to investigate real estate facts about Bush Hill Woods and neighboring areas. The Guide to Real Estate includes facts regarding what has sold and what is for sale, as well as a few compelling facts that you may not know. And, our Guide highlights some aspects of life in Bush Hill Woods. As might be expected, most of this is helpful for buyers and sellers, but real estate investors and tenants may also find this data to be very eye-opening.
Our Broker Will Nesbitt
"I am by nature a trusting person, but this business has taught me to verify every statement that a tenant makes. Scammers and bad tenants can sometimes give every appearance of being trustworthy and upright people. We never cut corners on background checks." ~ Will Nesbitt
I like tenants that pay on time. Late paying tenants cause extra work and unnecessary stress for landlords and property managers. ~ Julie Nesbitt