How we manage the utility companies for your rental investment in Fairfax
Please plan on paying your utilities through to the second day of the tenant taking possession of the rental. We advise tenants to put utilities in their name 1 day prior to occupancy. We encourage this overlap between renter and property owner to make sure that the utilities are not turned off during the transition.
Buying Tips & Suggestions
Find out why clients love our tiny family business.
a useful archive for rental investors in Fairfax
- Before you rent out your property in Fairfax
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During the lease term
- End of tenancy and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the rental investor get paid?
- How your rental manager handles the association and your community
- How your property manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt finds tenants
- Insurance matters for rental investors using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Fairfax property owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental investment in Fairfax
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your property
- When owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Fairfax