A brief word on important regulatory and legal matters in Chester Gap
Several laws govern relationships between renters and property owners in Northern Virginia. The Virginia Residential Landlord and Tenant Act (VRTLA), establishes the rights and obligations of tenants and property owners in Virginia, and supersedes all leases and county ordinances. Also our local governments in and around Chester Gap have relevant ordinances regarding to the management of rental properties in their jurisdictions. Nesbitt Realty strives to work within the bounds of these regulations, laws and ordinances at all times and we try to keep informed about changes in the laws as they are published. That said, only a court of law has the power to enforce the VRLTA and local ordinances.
The Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code (VUSBC), Virginia Maintenance Code, establishes the minimum standards for health and safety in all dwellings occupied by a renter and applies to all rental agreements.
Our brokerage refuses to use race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or familial status as the basis for making an decisions related to rental units. Nesbitt Realty is committed to Fair Housing
a useful archive for landlords in Chester Gap
- Before you rent out your rental in Chester Gap
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During tenancy
- End of lease term and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the rental investor get paid?
- How your property manager handles the association and your community
- How your property management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management finds tenants
- Insurance matters for owners using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Chester Gap property owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental investment in Chester Gap
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental property
- When landlords don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Chester Gap