A brief word on important regulatory and legal matters in Chester Gap
Several laws govern relationships between tenants and landlords in Northern Virginia. The Virginia Residential Landlord and Tenant Act (VRTLA), establishes the rights and obligations of renters and real estate investors in Virginia, and supersedes all leases and county ordinances. Furthermore our local governments in and around Chester Gap have additional ordinances regarding to the management of rental properties in their jurisdictions. Nesbitt Realty strives to work within the bounds of these regulations, laws and ordinances at all times and we try to keep abreast of changes in the laws when they happen. That said, only a court of law has the power to enforce the VRLTA and local ordinances.
The Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code (VUSBC), Virginia Maintenance Code, establishes the minimum standards for health and safety in all dwellings occupied by a renter and applies to all rental agreements.
Our brokerage refuses to use race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or familial status as the basis for making an decisions related to rental units. Nesbitt Realty is committed to Fair Housing
a handy source for property owners in Chester Gap
- Before you rent out your property in Chester Gap
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During tenancy
- End of tenancy and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the owner get paid?
- How your rental manager handles the association and your community
- How your property manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt finds tenants
- Insurance matters for property owners using our property management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Chester Gap property owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental property in Chester Gap
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental investment
- When owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Chester Gap