A brief word on important regulatory and legal matters in Chester Gap
Several laws govern relationships between renters and rental investors in Northern Virginia. The Virginia Residential Landlord and Tenant Act (VRTLA), establishes the rights and obligations of renters and real estate investors in Virginia, and supersedes all leases and county ordinances. And our local governments in and around Chester Gap have more ordinances regarding to the management of rental properties in their jurisdictions. Nesbitt Realty strives to work within the bounds of these regulations, laws and ordinances at all times and we try to keep up to date on changes in the laws as they happen. That said, only a court of law has the power to enforce the VRLTA and local ordinances.
The Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code (VUSBC), Virginia Maintenance Code, establishes the minimum standards for health and safety in all dwellings occupied by a renter and applies to all rental agreements.
Our brokerage refuses to use race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or familial status as the basis for making an decisions related to rentals. Nesbitt Realty is committed to Fair Housing
a useful archive for rental investors in Chester Gap
- Before you move a tenant into your rental in Chester Gap
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During tenancy
- End of lease term and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the rental investor get paid?
- How your property management company handles the association and your community
- How your rental manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt finds renters
- Insurance matters for rental investors using our property management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Chester Gap landlord responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental investment in Chester Gap
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental
- When owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Chester Gap