A brief word on important regulatory and legal matters in Castleton
Several laws govern relationships between renters and real estate investors in Northern Virginia. The Virginia Residential Landlord and Tenant Act (VRTLA), establishes the rights and obligations of tenants and property owners in Virginia, and supersedes all leases and county ordinances. Also our local governments in and around Castleton have specific ordinances regarding to the management of rental properties in their jurisdictions. Nesbitt Realty is obligated to work within the bounds of these regulations, laws and ordinances at all times and we try to keep informed about changes in the laws when they are published. That said, only a court of law has the power to enforce the VRLTA and local ordinances.
The Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code (VUSBC), Virginia Maintenance Code, establishes the minimum standards for health and safety in all dwellings occupied by a renter and applies to all rental agreements.
Our brokerage will never to use race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or familial status as the basis for making an decisions related to rental units. Nesbitt Realty is committed to Fair Housing
a good source for rental investors in Castleton
- Before you lease out your property in Castleton
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During the lease term
- End of tenancy and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the owner get paid?
- How your property manager handles the association and your community
- How your property manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management finds renters
- Insurance matters for landlords using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Castleton landlord responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your property in Castleton
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your property
- When owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Castleton