A brief word on important regulatory and legal matters in Amissville
Several laws govern relationships between renters and property owners in Northern Virginia. The Virginia Residential Landlord and Tenant Act (VRTLA), establishes the rights and obligations of tenants and rental investors in Virginia, and supersedes all leases and county ordinances. Furthermore our local governments in and around Amissville have relevant ordinances regarding to the management of rental properties in their jurisdictions. Nesbitt Realty is obligated to work within the bounds of these regulations, laws and ordinances at all times and we try to keep abreast of changes in the laws as they happen. That said, only a court of law has the power to enforce the VRLTA and local ordinances.
The Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code (VUSBC), Virginia Maintenance Code, establishes the minimum standards for health and safety in all dwellings occupied by a renter and applies to all rental agreements.
Our brokerage refuses to use race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or familial status as the basis for making an decisions related to rental units. Nesbitt Realty is committed to Fair Housing
a good source for landlords in Amissville
- Before you lease out your rental property in Amissville
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During the lease term
- End of tenancy and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the rental investor get paid?
- How your rental manager handles the association and your community
- How your property manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt finds tenants
- Insurance matters for rental investors using our property management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Amissville owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental investment in Amissville
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental
- When owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Amissville