A brief word on important regulatory and legal matters in Woodbridge
Several laws govern relationships between tenants and property owners in Northern Virginia. The Virginia Residential Landlord and Tenant Act (VRTLA), establishes the rights and obligations of renters and landlords in Virginia, and supersedes all leases and county ordinances. And our local governments in and around Woodbridge have relevant ordinances regarding to the management of rental properties in their jurisdictions. Nesbitt Realty is obligated to work within the bounds of these regulations, laws and ordinances at all times and we try to keep up to date on changes in the laws when they are published. That said, only a court of law has the power to enforce the VRLTA and local ordinances.
The Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code (VUSBC), Virginia Maintenance Code, establishes the minimum standards for health and safety in all dwellings occupied by a tenant and applies to all rental agreements.
Our brokerage will never to use race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or familial status as the basis for making an decisions related to rental units. Nesbitt Realty is committed to Fair Housing
a useful source for property owners in Woodbridge
- Before you put a renter in your investment in Woodbridge
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During tenancy
- End of lease term and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the landlord get paid?
- How your property manager handles the association and your community
- How your rental manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty finds renters
- Insurance matters for property owners using our property management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Woodbridge rental investor responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your property in Woodbridge
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental property
- When property owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Woodbridge