A brief word on important regulatory and legal matters in Clear Brook
Several laws govern relationships between tenants and real estate investors in Northern Virginia. The Virginia Residential Landlord and Tenant Act (VRTLA), establishes the rights and obligations of tenants and property owners in Virginia, and supersedes all leases and county ordinances. In addition our local governments in and around Clear Brook have additional ordinances pertaining to the management of rental properties in their jurisdictions. Nesbitt Realty strives to work within the bounds of these regulations, laws and ordinances at all times and we try to keep informed about changes in the laws as they happen. That said, only a court of law has the power to enforce the VRLTA and local ordinances.
The Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code (VUSBC), Virginia Maintenance Code, establishes the minimum standards for health and safety in all dwellings occupied by a tenant and applies to all rental agreements.
Our brokerage will never to use race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or familial status as the basis for making an decisions related to rental units. Nesbitt Realty is committed to Fair Housing
a useful source for property owners in Clear Brook
- Before you rent out your investment in Clear Brook
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During the lease term
- End of lease term and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the rental investor get paid?
- How your rental manager handles the association and your community
- How your rental manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt finds renters
- Insurance matters for landlords using our property management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Clear Brook landlord responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental investment in Clear Brook
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental investment
- When landlords don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Clear Brook