Within 5 days of occupancy Nesbitt Realty will give the tenant a written report itemizing the existing damages to the dwelling. If the tenant disagrees with the report, the tenant must do so in writing within 5 days of receiving the report. We will advise you of any items that require attention. If you know of any problems in your rental, please submit a task list so we can attend to these items on your behalf.
Whenever damages warrant repair we will promptly dispatch the appropriate staff to resolve any problem. Some defects might not require attention but we will note them in the inspection report for the tenant's protection.
Some units require extensive work to prepare the property for occupancy by the tenant. When this happens, we usually charge a nominal fee to oversee the work. Additionally, landlords typically leave an appropriate amount of money in our escrow account so that we can pay when the work is completed.
a free archive for landlords in Strasburg
- Before you move a tenant into your investment in Strasburg
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During tenancy
- End of lease term and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the rental investor get paid?
- How your property manager handles the association and your community
- How your property manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management finds renters
- Insurance matters for property owners using our property management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Strasburg owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your property in Strasburg
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental
- When property owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Strasburg