How we deal with repairs and maintenance of your rental in Maurertown
Nesbitt Realty aims to maintain a high-standard of living in the rental properties we manage. We will work to ensure that the property exceeds the requirements of local building and health codes concerning the condition of your rental home .
So long as Nesbitt Realty is managing your rental, we promise to make necessary and timely repairs to maintain your rental in a livable condition. We will maintain in good and safe working condition all electrical, plumbing, sanitary, heating, ventilating, air-conditioning units as well as other facilities and appliances, including elevators, supplied or required to be supplied by the rental investor. We will make a reasonable effort to prevent the accumulation of moisture and the growth of mold. We will always provide and maintain good quality trash cans and trash pick-up services in common areas of your property. Unless the systems are in the process of being repaired or upgraded, we will supply running water and reasonable amounts of hot water at all times as well as reasonable air conditioning, if provided, and heat when needed. We will strive to make all repairs and upgrades in a timely manner.
We want to keep your unit in good shape so we will occasionally schedule inspections of your property to keep things in top order. Inspections are performed by licensed home inspector for a nominal fee. Some repairs are not the rental owner's responsibility. For example, if the renter damages or misuses the property, the renter can be held responsible for the cost of the repair. However, the inspection could uncover optional work/maintenance and we'll consult with the landlord before taking on any optional repairs.
Improving your rental
Some tenants will want to obtain permission to paint. Other tenants want to install new carpet. Sometimes the renter pays for this. Often the property owner pays for the work but builds the cost into a rent-increase. We'll take a look at any proposal and try to make it work for you the landlord.
If you wish to improve your rental please describe the work you want to have done and we'll look into coordinating an upgrade.
a handy archive for rental investors in Maurertown
- Before you move a tenant into your rental in Maurertown
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During tenancy
- End of lease term and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the property owner get paid?
- How your property manager handles the association and your community
- How your property manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management finds renters
- Insurance matters for landlords using our property management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Maurertown landlord responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental property in Maurertown
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental investment
- When owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Maurertown