How we handle repairs and maintenance of your property in Edsall Park
Nesbitt Realty aims to maintain a high-standard of living in the properties we manage. We will work to ensure that the property exceeds the requirements of local building and health codes concerning the condition of your property .
So long as Nesbitt Realty is managing your rental home, we promise to make necessary and timely repairs to keep your rental home in a livable condition. We will maintain in good and safe working condition all electrical, plumbing, sanitary, heating, ventilating, air-conditioning units as well as other facilities and appliances, including elevators, supplied or required to be supplied by the owner. We will make a reasonable effort to prevent the accumulation of moisture and the growth of mold. We will always provide and maintain good quality trash cans and trash pick-up services in common areas of your property. Unless the systems are in the process of being repaired or upgraded, we will supply running water and reasonable amounts of hot water at all times as well as reasonable air conditioning, if provided, and heat when needed. We will strive to make all repairs and upgrades in a timely manner.
We want to keep your unit in good shape so we will occasionally schedule inspections of your property to keep things in top order. Inspections are performed by licensed home inspector for a nominal fee. Some repairs are not the landlord's responsibility. For example, if the renter damages or misuses the property, the renter can be held responsible for the cost of the repair. However, the inspection could uncover optional work/maintenance and we'll consult with the property owner before taking on any optional repairs.
Improving the rental home
Some renters will want to obtain permission to paint. Other tenants want to install new carpet. Sometimes the tenant pays for this. Often the rental investor pays for the work but builds the cost into a rent-increase. We'll take a look at any proposal and try to make it work for you the landlord.
If you wish to improve your rental please describe the work you want to have done and we'll look into coordinating an upgrade.
a useful reference for landlords in Edsall Park
- Before you lease out your rental in Edsall Park
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During the lease term
- End of lease term and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the rental investor get paid?
- How your property manager handles the association and your community
- How your management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt finds renters
- Insurance matters for owners using our property management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Edsall Park landlord responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental investment in Edsall Park
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental property
- When owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Edsall Park