How we deal with repairs and maintenance of your property in Tuckahoe Park
Nesbitt Realty aims to maintain a high-standard of living in the properties we manage. We will work to ensure that the rental home exceeds the requirements of local building and health codes concerning the condition of your rental .
So long as Nesbitt Realty is managing your property, we promise to make required and prompt repairs to maintain your property in a livable condition. We will maintain in good and safe working condition all electrical, plumbing, sanitary, heating, ventilating, air-conditioning units as well as other facilities and appliances, including elevators, supplied or required to be supplied by the rental investor. We will make a reasonable effort to prevent the accumulation of moisture and the growth of mold. We will always provide and maintain good quality trash cans and trash pick-up services in common areas of your property. Unless the systems are in the process of being repaired or upgraded, we will supply running water and reasonable amounts of hot water at all times as well as reasonable air conditioning, if provided, and heat when needed. We will strive to make all repairs and upgrades in a timely manner.
We want to keep your unit in good shape so we will occasionally schedule inspections of your property to keep things in top order. Inspections are performed by licensed home inspector for a nominal fee. Some repairs are not the landlord's responsibility. For example, if the tenant damages or misuses the property, the renter can be held responsible for the cost of the repair. However, the inspection could uncover optional work/maintenance and we'll consult with the rental investor before taking on any optional repairs.
Upgrading the property
Some tenants will want to obtain permission to paint. Other tenants want to install new carpet. Sometimes the tenant pays for this. Often the landlord pays for the work but builds the cost into a rent-increase. We'll take a look at any proposal and try to make it work for you the landlord.
If you wish to improve your property please describe the work you want to have done and we'll look into coordinating an upgrade.
a useful source for landlords in Tuckahoe Park
- Before you lease out your property in Tuckahoe Park
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During tenancy
- End of lease term and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the owner get paid?
- How your property management company handles the association and your community
- How your rental manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt finds tenants
- Insurance matters for owners using our property management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Tuckahoe Park rental investor responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental investment in Tuckahoe Park
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your property
- When landlords don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Tuckahoe Park