How we manage repairs and maintenance of your property in Sulgrave Manor
Nesbitt Realty strives to maintain a high-standard of living in the properties we manage. We will do what is necessary to make sure that the property exceeds the requirements of local building and health codes concerning the condition of your rental home .
So long as Nesbitt Realty is managing your rental home, we promise to make required and timely repairs to maintain your rental in a livable condition. We will maintain in good and safe working condition all electrical, plumbing, sanitary, heating, ventilating, air-conditioning units as well as other facilities and appliances, including elevators, supplied or required to be supplied by the landlord. We will make a reasonable effort to prevent the accumulation of moisture and the growth of mold. We will always provide and maintain good quality trash cans and trash pick-up services in common areas of your property. Unless the systems are in the process of being repaired or upgraded, we will supply running water and reasonable amounts of hot water at all times as well as reasonable air conditioning, if provided, and heat when needed. We will strive to make all repairs and upgrades in a timely manner.
We want to keep your unit in good shape so we will occasionally schedule inspections of your property to keep things in top order. Inspections are performed by licensed home inspector for a nominal fee. Some repairs are not the rental investor's responsibility. For example, if the renter damages or misuses the property, the tenant can be held responsible for the cost of the repair. However, the inspection could uncover optional work/maintenance and we'll consult with the landlord before taking on any optional repairs.
Improving the rental home
Some renters will want to obtain permission to paint. Other renters want to install new carpet. Sometimes the renter pays for this. Often the rental owner pays for the work but builds the cost into a rent-increase. We'll take a look at any proposal and try to make it work for you the rental investor.
If you wish to improve your property please describe the work you want to have done and we'll look into coordinating the work.
a good source for landlords in Sulgrave Manor
- Before you move a tenant into your property in Sulgrave Manor
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During the lease term
- End of lease term and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the landlord get paid?
- How your property management company handles the association and your community
- How your rental manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management finds tenants
- Insurance matters for property owners using our property management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Sulgrave Manor owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental property in Sulgrave Manor
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental investment
- When owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Sulgrave Manor