Your property manager does most of the work.
Although we'll do the hard work, as the rental owner, you must:
- Allow us to keep your property in good and safe condition;
- Allow us to obey building codes and housing regulations pertaining to fair housing, health and safety;
- Permit us to keep your escrow account in proper order.
Item 3, means that we may need to replenish your contingency account from time to time to pay for repairs. Whenever we can we will do this from collected rents rather than collecting from you.
a free archive for property owners in Manassas
- Before you rent out your rental property in Manassas
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During the lease term
- End of tenancy and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the owner get paid?
- How your property management company handles the association and your community
- How your property manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management finds tenants
- Insurance matters for landlords using our property management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Manassas owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your property in Manassas
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental
- When property owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Manassas