Your property manager does most of the work.
Although we'll do the hard work, as the landlord, you must:
- Permit us to keep your rental in good and safe condition;
- Allow us to follow building codes and housing regulations pertaining to fair housing, health and safety;
- Permit us to keep your reserve funds in proper order.
Item 3, means that we may need to replenish your contingency account from time to time to pay for repairs. Whenever possible we will do this from collected rents rather than collecting from you.
a useful source for property owners in Springfield
- Before you move a tenant into your rental in Springfield
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During tenancy
- End of tenancy and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the owner get paid?
- How your management company handles the association and your community
- How your management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt finds tenants
- Insurance matters for owners using our property management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Springfield property owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your property in Springfield
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental investment
- When property owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Springfield