Your property manager does most of the work.
Although we'll do the heavy lifting, as the rental owner, you must:
- Allow us to keep your rental property in good and safe condition;
- Permit us to follow building codes and housing regulations affecting fair housing, health and safety;
- Allow us to keep your reserve funds in proper order.
Item 3, means that we may need to replenish your contingency account from time to time to pay for maintenance. Whenever we can we will do this from collected rents rather than collecting from you.
a free source for property owners in Alexandria
- Before you lease out your rental in Alexandria
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During the lease term
- End of tenancy and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the rental investor get paid?
- How your property manager handles the association and your community
- How your management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management finds tenants
- Insurance matters for rental investors using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Alexandria owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental property in Alexandria
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental investment
- When owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Alexandria