Your property manager does most of the work.
Although we'll do the heavy lifting, as the rental owner, you must:
- Permit us to keep your property in good and safe condition;
- Permit us to obey building codes and housing regulations pertaining to fair housing, health and safety;
- Permit us to keep your reserve funds in good order.
Item 3, means that we may need to replenish your contingency account from time to time to pay for maintenance. Whenever we can we will do this from collected rents rather than collecting from you.
a handy source for rental investors in Alexandria
- Before you put a renter in your property in Alexandria
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During tenancy
- End of tenancy and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the rental investor get paid?
- How your management company handles the association and your community
- How your rental manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt finds renters
- Insurance matters for property owners using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Alexandria landlord responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your property in Alexandria
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental
- When property owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Alexandria