Your property manager does most of the work.
Although we'll do the heavy lifting, as the property owner, you must:
- Permit us to keep your rental in good and safe condition;
- Allow us to follow building codes and housing regulations pertaining to fair housing, health and safety;
- Permit us to keep your contingency reserve funds and escrow account in good order.
Item 3, means that we may need to replenish your contingency account from time to time to pay for repairs. Whenever we can we will do this from collected rents rather than collecting from you.
a good archive for property owners in Northern Virginia
- Before you rent out your rental property in Northern Virginia
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During tenancy
- End of tenancy and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the landlord get paid?
- How your property management company handles the association and your community
- How your management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt finds tenants
- Insurance matters for owners using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Northern Virginia property owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental investment in Northern Virginia
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental property
- When property owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Northern Virginia