Are renters in Riverton required to obtain renter's insurance?
The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that renters in Riverton to purchase renter’s insurance. However, leases prepared by our property managers require that renters obtain renter’s insurance to cover losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, tenant negligence, or if someone is injured at the rental dwelling. A landlord’s insurance policy protects the property from loss, but not the renter’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.
a good reference for rental investors in Riverton
- Before you move a tenant into your investment in Riverton
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During tenancy
- End of lease term and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the owner get paid?
- How your management company handles the association and your community
- How your property management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty finds renters
- Insurance matters for owners using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Riverton landlord responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your property in Riverton
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental
- When property owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Riverton