Are renters in Strasburg required to purchase renter's insurance?
The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that tenants in Strasburg to buy renter’s insurance. However, leases prepared by our property managers require that tenants obtain a renter's insurance policy which pays for losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, renter negligence, or if someone is injured at the property. A’s insurance policy protects the property from loss, but not the renter’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.
a good source for rental investors in Strasburg
- Before you lease out your rental property in Strasburg
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During the lease term
- End of lease term and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the landlord get paid?
- How your rental manager handles the association and your community
- How your property management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty finds tenants
- Insurance matters for rental investors using our property management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Strasburg rental investor responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your property in Strasburg
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental
- When property owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Strasburg