Are tenants in Edinburg required to pay for renter's insurance?
The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that renters in Edinburg to buy a renter's insurance policy. However, leases prepared by our property managers require that tenants purchase a renter's insurance policy to cover losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, tenant negligence, or if someone is injured at the rental dwelling. A property owner’s insurance policy protects the rental dwelling from loss, but not the renter’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.
a good source for landlords in Edinburg
- Before you rent out your rental property in Edinburg
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During the lease term
- End of lease term and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the rental investor get paid?
- How your property manager handles the association and your community
- How your property manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management finds renters
- Insurance matters for owners using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Edinburg landlord responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental investment in Edinburg
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental investment
- When landlords don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Edinburg