Are tenants in Broadway required to buy renter's insurance?
The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that renters in Broadway to buy renter’s insurance. However, leases prepared by our property managers require that tenants purchase a renter's insurance policy which pays for losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, renter negligence, or if someone is injured at the rental property. A’s insurance policy protects the rental dwelling from loss, but not the tenant’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.
Meet Our Agents!
Local experienced agents ready to serve you!
a good archive for rental investors in Broadway
- Before you put a renter in your rental in Broadway
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During tenancy
- End of lease term and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the landlord get paid?
- How your rental manager handles the association and your community
- How your property manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt finds tenants
- Insurance matters for owners using our property management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Broadway owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your property in Broadway
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your property
- When property owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Broadway