Are renters in Chester Gap required to obtain renter's insurance?
The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that tenants in Chester Gap to buy renter’s insurance. However, leases prepared by our property managers require that tenants pay for renter’s insurance to cover losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, renter negligence, or if someone is injured at the rental property. An owner’s insurance policy protects the rental property from loss, but not the renter’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.
a handy reference for landlords in Chester Gap
- Before you put a renter in your rental property in Chester Gap
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During the lease term
- End of tenancy and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the landlord get paid?
- How your property management company handles the association and your community
- How your property manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management finds renters
- Insurance matters for rental investors using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Chester Gap landlord responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental property in Chester Gap
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental
- When landlords don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Chester Gap