Are tenants in Summertree Condo Apts required to purchase renter's insurance?
The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that tenants in Summertree Condo Apts to buy renter’s insurance. However, leases prepared by our property managers require that tenants buy renter’s insurance to cover losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, tenant negligence, or if someone is injured at the rental property. A’s insurance policy protects the rental dwelling from loss, but not the renter’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.
a handy reference for property owners in Summertree Condo Apts
- Before you put a renter in your rental in Summertree Condo Apts
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During tenancy
- End of tenancy and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the rental investor get paid?
- How your property management company handles the association and your community
- How your property manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty finds tenants
- Insurance matters for landlords using our property management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Summertree Condo Apts owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental investment in Summertree Condo Apts
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental investment
- When property owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Summertree Condo Apts