Are renters in Middletown required to pay for renter's insurance?
The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that renters in Middletown to buy renter’s insurance. However, our leases require that tenants purchase renter’s insurance to cover losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, renter negligence, or if someone is injured at the rental dwelling. An owner’s insurance policy protects the property from loss, but not the tenant’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.
a useful source for property owners in Middletown
- Before you lease out your rental in Middletown
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During tenancy
- End of tenancy and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the property owner get paid?
- How your rental manager handles the association and your community
- How your management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty finds renters
- Insurance matters for owners using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Middletown landlord responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your property in Middletown
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental property
- When owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Middletown