Are tenants in Cross Junction required to obtain renter's insurance?

The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that renters in Cross Junction to obtain renter’s insurance. However, our leases require that renters obtain renter’s insurance to cover losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, tenant negligence, or if someone is injured at the property. A’s insurance policy protects the property from loss, but not the tenant’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.

Do you need advice about rental property management?

Talk to one of our experts about rental property in Virginia.