Are renters in Cross Junction required to purchase renter's insurance?
The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that tenants in Cross Junction to purchase a renter's insurance policy. However, leases prepared by our property managers require that renters obtain a renter's insurance policy which pays for losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, tenant negligence, or if someone is injured at the rental property. An owner’s insurance policy protects the rental property from loss, but not the renter’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.
Do you need advice about rental property management?
Talk to one of our experts about rental property in Virginia.
a useful source for rental investors in Cross Junction
- Before you rent out your investment in Cross Junction
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During tenancy
- End of lease term and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the property owner get paid?
- How your property management company handles the association and your community
- How your property manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt finds tenants
- Insurance matters for owners using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Cross Junction landlord responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental property in Cross Junction
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental property
- When owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Cross Junction