Are renters in Clear Brook required to obtain renter's insurance?
The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that tenants in Clear Brook to purchase a renter's insurance policy. However, leases prepared by our property managers require that renters purchase a renter's insurance policy to cover losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, renter negligence, or if someone is injured at the property. A property owner’s insurance policy protects the rental dwelling from loss, but not the tenant’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.
Do you need advice about rental property management?
Talk to one of our experts about rental property in Virginia.
a free reference for landlords in Clear Brook
- Before you move a tenant into your investment in Clear Brook
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During the lease term
- End of lease term and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the landlord get paid?
- How your property management company handles the association and your community
- How your property management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty finds tenants
- Insurance matters for property owners using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Clear Brook owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental investment in Clear Brook
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental
- When property owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Clear Brook