Are tenants in Springfield required to pay for renter's insurance?
The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that tenants in Springfield to buy a renter's insurance policy. However, leases prepared by our property managers require that tenants pay for a renter's insurance policy which pays for losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, tenant negligence, or if someone is injured at the rental property. A’s insurance policy protects the rental property from loss, but not the tenant’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.
a free reference for rental investors in Springfield
- Before you put a renter in your rental property in Springfield
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During tenancy
- End of lease term and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the rental investor get paid?
- How your rental manager handles the association and your community
- How your management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt finds renters
- Insurance matters for owners using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Springfield owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your property in Springfield
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental
- When property owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Springfield