Are tenants in Edsall Park required to pay for renter's insurance?
The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that renters in Edsall Park to obtain renter’s insurance. However, leases prepared by our property managers require that tenants purchase a renter's insurance policy which pays for losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, tenant negligence, or if someone is injured at the rental property. A’s insurance policy protects the rental property from loss, but not the renter’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.
a handy source for rental investors in Edsall Park
- Before you put a renter in your rental property in Edsall Park
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During the lease term
- End of lease term and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the owner get paid?
- How your rental manager handles the association and your community
- How your management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management finds renters
- Insurance matters for rental investors using our property management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Edsall Park rental investor responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental investment in Edsall Park
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental investment
- When owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Edsall Park