Are renters in Rotonda required to pay for renter's insurance?
The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that tenants in Rotonda to buy a renter's insurance policy. However, leases prepared by our property managers require that tenants obtain renter’s insurance to cover losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, renter negligence, or if someone is injured at the rental dwelling. A’s insurance policy protects the property from loss, but not the tenant’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.
a useful source for property owners in Rotonda
- Before you move a tenant into your rental property in Rotonda
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During the lease term
- End of tenancy and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the landlord get paid?
- How your property manager handles the association and your community
- How your management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt finds tenants
- Insurance matters for owners using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Rotonda owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental investment in Rotonda
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental property
- When owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Rotonda