Are tenants in Dunn Loring required to obtain renter's insurance?
The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that renters in Dunn Loring to obtain renter’s insurance. However, our leases require that tenants purchase renter’s insurance to cover losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, tenant negligence, or if someone is injured at the rental dwelling. A’s insurance policy protects the rental dwelling from loss, but not the tenant’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.
a good archive for rental investors in Dunn Loring
- Before you lease out your investment in Dunn Loring
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During the lease term
- End of tenancy and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the property owner get paid?
- How your property management company handles the association and your community
- How your rental manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty finds tenants
- Insurance matters for landlords using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Dunn Loring property owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your property in Dunn Loring
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your property
- When owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Dunn Loring