Are tenants in Dunn Loring required to obtain renter's insurance?

The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that renters in Dunn Loring to obtain renter’s insurance. However, our leases require that tenants purchase renter’s insurance to cover losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, tenant negligence, or if someone is injured at the rental dwelling. A’s insurance policy protects the rental dwelling from loss, but not the tenant’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.